Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

annoying radio djs

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I don't get it, most radio DJ's are annoying but who cares or follows them anyway.

Ray Darcy is a bit of laugh and Matt Cooper has a good show with the Last Word.

I mostly listen to Newstalk or Today FM if I'm in a car without an MP3 player. Spin wasn't that bad initially but its gotten worse since it started (I think most stations are like this) but we are in the same building as them and we hear their a**hole Dj's all the time when they are leaving the office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

Dermot, Dave and Siobhan. Don't have a problem with Siobhan so much but the other two are idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I think that fella on Today FM is great, what's his name again? He does Pet Sounds at 7:00pm every evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

everyone on RTE radio
    there must be serious nepotism going in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

Jonny Lyons the guy who does the sports on 98fm is a plank makes me shout at the radio everytime he speaks:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

Those two prickwads on 2fm every morning, colm and quim quim

Tools of the highest order. Why would anyone choose to wake up to that shi'te? I think you'll find that there has been a rise in violent crime in this country in recent months and I believe that this can blamed on these two dopes putting people in an angry mood in the mornings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

I don't tend to listen to Irish radio much anymore because of all the crap djs playing crap music. But there are a few exceptions out there.
    Phantom is still okish but nowhere near as good as it used to be and the ex-Phantom djs on other stations like Jenny Hueston and Alison Curtis are good.

There are too many bad ones to name but the worst ones have to be those two idiots in the morning Colm and whatever two names the other blokes has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

What about Carl Corcoran from Lyric FM.

He's so inoffensive and soft spoken - I JUST WANT TO BREAK HIS F**KING FACE OPEN.....GAHHHHH!!!!!!!

*Deep breaths, deep breaths*

John Kelly is the only DJ I can tolerate.

I know she's not strictly a DJ but its nice to be woken up by Claire Byrne's sweet voice every morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

Gerry Ryan's turkey neck is getting its own show on 2fm.
    As for Larry Gogan, he hasn't been on top of his game since World War 2 when he used to do war news updates. He hasn't been on top of his wife for a few years either, cause she died of cancer I think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭oneeyedsnake

zane lowe,worthless peice of sh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Has anbody had the misfortune os listing to Midlands Radio 3? It must be the worst radio staion ever!! Most of thier presenters sound like their talking from the grave!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Anne Marie Kelly on Today FM. Usually have to endure the last 10 minutes of her before Ian Dempsey. all she talks about is Laois and the GAA......don't know how she got to be on radio.

Also that Ray Foley gimp as well.....annoying wacky dj style like chris evans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

Michael McMullen - the today fm sports guy. Listening to him is like listening to someone scrape their nails down a blackboard. He's the most irritaing noise on the radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

If you think Larry Gogan is past it take at look at some of these presenters http://www.midlandsradio.fm/Crew.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

Suprised somebody's saying they don't like Joe and Keith - the only two funny people on the radio at all.
    i agree. best show on radio by far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭mjquinno

ray the "arse" darcy is cringly bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

I dont know if its already been said and i dont care....

Cliona O' Leary from the Zoo crew on Spin 1038. stop with the fake accent. it DOES MY HEAD IN!! and the fake LAUGH!! dont get me started.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

That Ernie dude on Q102 is really annoying - he reads page after page of requests and never has time to play any of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Alan Partridge is the best though:

"This is Radio Norwich, and that was Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell, a song in which Joni complains that they 'paved paradise to put up a parking lot', a measure which actually would have alleviated traffic congestion on the outskirts of paradise, something which Joni singularly fails to point out, because it doesn't quite fit with her blinkered view of the world. It's 4.37 a.m. and you're listening to 'Up with The Partridge'.."

And for those of you sticking up for foley....

ahem....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

JP is the real hero of the Ray Foley Show.

Phil Cawley gets on my tits big time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Rick O Sea - gob****e
    Ann Marie Kelly - idiot
    Ray D'Arcy - vvanker
    John Kelly - asleep most of the time
    Dereck Davis - ar$e hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Gizzle

tom dunne wrote:
    I think that fella on Today FM is great, what's his name again? He does Pet Sounds at 7:00pm every evening.

John Dunne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

ahem....

Don't think that changes much to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

embee wrote:
    Worst ever though - Adele King/Twink when she stands in for Moncrieff on NewsTalk. She's HORRENDOUS.
    yeah twink annoys me. moncrief's my favourite show on radio and whenever i hear her voice at 2 o clock i feel like crying
    J.S. Pill wrote:
    What about Carl Corcoran from Lyric FM.

He's so inoffensive and soft spoken - I JUST WANT TO BREAK HIS F**KING FACE OPEN.....GAHHHHH!!!!!!!
    he's so inoffensive that he offends you? he just can't win :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

faceman wrote:
    alice cooper's show on today fm is great.
    +1

Ray Foley is an annoyance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

ahem....

Godamnit....how did I miss that? I remember the event but not the atcual thread...slander lol, nerds living in their mammies' darked front rooms; what a numpty.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Persius

I also like Jenny Huston, along with Cormac Battle on 2FM. Dave Fanning is still OK, but rarely on
    On Today FM, Tom Dunne, Donal Dineen and Alison Curtis are all good. And Ann Marie Kelly plays good music when she's subbing for one of them.

Most of the rest of them just have to play whatever their producers tell them, and that's based on some sort of lowest common denominator marketing surveys. And the fact that most of them also talk sh1te doesn't help. Don't bother turning on your radio before 19:00 (and the 22:00 to midnight slot is also pretty patchy except on Sunday)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Since i've been negative about the 'djs' i hate much i think ill balance it out a touch.

Sinister pete's show on phantom in the morning is fkin class, always has good stuff to go on about and tends to play great music. Miss coffee is damn good too, but since i started my new job i cant really hear the radio from where i am, so i only get to listen to it from 8-9 :<

Advertisement