Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC Touch working with 3 pay "broadband" sim card?

• 28-07-2007 6:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Hi

Is there maybe someone out there using a HTC Touch? Does someone know if it will work with a 3 sim card from the 3 "broadband" modem? I might go and order a Touch from expansys.

I know that the Touch doesn't have HSDPA but the card should be downwards compatible to GPRS?

I know that I can't make a call with that sim. I want to use it in the Touch for going online (emails etc) as it is cheaper then the datapackage with my other provider...

Thanks,
    TC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

It is 3G only. 3 does not have a GPRS network at all, so if the HTC Touch does not have at least some form of 3G, even release 99 UMTS, it is not going to do anything for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

verdammter mist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Have you considered O2 or Vodafone? They both offer competitive services at this point. And in the case of O2, they're the first Irish mobile company not to automatically charge you for going over the cap.

I think it's €15 for the first 3 months, and €30 thereafter for O2 customers, €20 and €40 respectively for non-O2 customers. Also in the case of O2, they're rolling out EDGE, which means that you should be able to get speeds of up to ~240kbps even without a 3G phone.

Advertisement