Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

speed traps

• 28-07-2007 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

i drove up to belfast yesterday on the m1 and i didnt see one camera all the way up and only saw one on the way back near dundalk i was amazed not to see any on the way up , does anyone know if there are any cameras on this road ? maybe i just didnt see them

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

you mean fixed speed cameras? the grey ones? no there are none on the m1 northbound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭domonick

yes the grey fixed one's i was on about , so you only have to look out for cameras in vans and unmarked cars on this road?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

There were two bike cops camped out with their tripod camera inbound on the N3 just before the blanch exit yesterday (as the road curves of course) at around 6pm.

Aside from the usual revenue gathering, what was more important was that they were sitting on grass verge in the middle. Accident waiting to happen :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

There are SPECS cameras north of the border but these won't affect a southern registered driver (assuming you are not pulled over).The only ficed camera on the M1 in the RoI is the one N of Drogheda as catching southbound traffic.
    There are also several mobile unmarked patrols on the M1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

kbannon wrote:
    There are also several mobile unmarked patrols on the M1.
    I got a point off one in the last fortnight.

Is the M1 to Newry open yet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

What were you caught doing?
    I heard today that the M1 goes almost as far as the Carrickdale and should be at the border by the end of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh it goes to the carrickdale but only one lane is open at the minute, is it gonna link up with a northern motorway or is it just gonna stop at the border

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Aside from the usual revenue gathering, what was more important was that they were sitting on grass verge in the middle. Accident waiting to happen :rolleyes:

Ive seens a van parked here once with a camera prop'd over the hedge looking at traffic heading northbound up the N3.

Advertisement