Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fake BMW M5's

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

a girl in the office next door has an Quattro kitted A4 with an "S4" badge on one side of the bootlid and "1.9TDI" on the other :rolleyes:

although I also know a guy who drives an Alfa 156 with the 3.8l V6 conversion done, and he has "1.6 T-Spark" badges on the back :cool: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

siralfalot wrote:
    I also know a guy who drives an Alfa 156 with the 3.8l V6 conversion done, and he has "1.6 T-Spark" badges on the back :cool: :D

He's got class :D

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭LarWright

..... I saw this in traffic recently and laughed my ass off!!!

DSC00016-1.jpg

Sorry for the dodgy quality but it was the rain on my windscreen (god bless Irish weather)....

Why do people insist on putting badges on their cars that have NO relevance!??

I suppose this is one of a kind.... Can't ever remember seeing an "M Power, Turbo V6, Fiat Punto SX" before... lol :D

**The reg plate has been blanked out, but I really think this idiot should be named and shamed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

If you've bought a BM with the M-tech kit thats fine, but like other posters here, i dont get the whole fake "M5/M3" badging mullarkey. There a young fella round these parts driving a mid 90s 3 series (dunno the model classification Exx?) with the side vents from the outgoing M3 cut and pasted into his front wings...

why,o why,o why...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

Theres one I often see with the badge and even with a prebooked 07 XX 55 reg
    Aside from the other tell-tale signs, a quick check on cartell reveals its a 520 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Andrewf20 wrote:

€11,500 for a 1996 LHD 528???? Nuts!

I can't see the interior rear view mirror; is it rectangular or oval?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Fey! wrote:
    €11,500 for a 1996 LHD 528???? Nuts!

I can't see the interior rear view mirror; is it rectangular or oval?

Could be riddled with Nikasil issues as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭richie_rvf

Andrewf20 wrote:
    Could be riddled with Nikasil issues as well!

Too right and it is not an M5 interior, plus, it's an auto :rolleyes:

You would have thought he would have closed the full ashtray for the photo :D

Richie.

Heres another with the M3 wing vents (3 series this time):

http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=729386

That fake M5 on carzone also has 136,000 miles on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Matt Simis wrote:
    "Spots" being Irish for Fog Lights or actual circular spots on the car?
    Seen about 20 million A4 TDIs badged as RS4s too.. if I ever am in the opportunity to "talk" to one of these idiots getting out of said "RS4"..

Took the words right out of my... hands.Saw one today with the badge, and a big diesel roar out of it. Muttered spa, as I cycled past. Think he heard me too, which is always good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

siralfalot wrote:
    a girl in the office next door has an Quattro kitted A4 with an "S4" badge on one side of the bootlid and "1.9TDI" on the other :rolleyes:

although I also know a guy who drives an Alfa 156 with the 3.8l V6 conversion done, and he has "1.6 T-Spark" badges on the back :cool: :D

Haha, class act - is it a red one with a bit of AD 3.7 treatment? :cool:

While we're on the subject, how about a BMW 316i CSL :D

316ru1.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

ciarsd wrote:
    While we're on the subject, how about a BMW 316i CSL :D

316ru1.th.jpg

You'd think after going to the trouble of getting a CLS rear boot that he would have not bothered putting the 316i badge back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

is it actually a 316, or is the owner being modest?

I'd pay money for a genuine looking 718i badge :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I know of someone who had an E34 M5 and put on a 520i badge after his previous E34 M5 was robbed and dumped on the M50.

bazz26 wrote:
    You'd think after going to the trouble of getting a CLS rear boot that he would have not bothered putting the 316i badge back on.
    colm_mcm wrote:
    is it actually a 316, or is the owner being modest?

It's a genuine CSL :D Stumbled across the photo on an M3 forum when doing some reading a few weeks back :cool:

unkel wrote:
    I'd pay money for a genuine looking 718i badge :)

Could you make one up using parts of a 3er badge? could be fun :p

ciarsd wrote:
    Could you make one up using parts of a 3er badge? could be fun :p

Probably could. I could buy this and this on fleabay and get my 718i combination :D

Might be easier to make up a 718i badge from a 118i though.

Hey why do things by half measures, how about a 716i //M Alpina? :D

bazz26 wrote:
    Might be easier to make up a 718i badge from a 118i though

It looks like the letters come separately so any combination will do, although the fonts might be slightly different?
    bazz26 wrote:
    Hey why do things by half measures, how about a 716i //M Alpina? :D

I don't particularly like //M or Alpina badges and 716 is just taking the mickey. Maybe 720i would be best. Or is 720d more credible? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

Gatster wrote:
    No, that's a standard 5 series, this is the M pack.

Lol, I was googling for ages and couldn't get a nice one. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

wet-paint wrote:
    Took the words right out of my... hands.Saw one today with the badge, and a big diesel roar out of it. Muttered spa, as I cycled past. Think he heard me too, which is always good.
    Well done, but it's a pity you didn't happen to wedge his head in the door of his diesel A4 and slam it a few times too.
    For some reason the A4 one really bugs me. And it's ALWAYS a tdi, never anyone with a petrol. I reckon it's cause the farmer boys who drive them think "Shur they're massive powerful... a pure animal... the RS4 is probably slower".
    All it's missing is a PTO shaft and he could go bailing with it.

Look closely to see that is not an M5. Its not an "exact M5 replica" of course because it doesnt have 507bhp. One thing that gives it away of course is the fact that the E60 M5 wasn't out in 2003!

http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=Car&carID=758759&message=You%20searched%20for%3A%20BMW%20M5%2C%20added%20in%20the%20last%207%20days%2E%20Your%20search%20returned%20one%20vehicle%2C%20which%20is%20shown%20below%2E&CFID=5007352&CFTOKEN=13179632

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭MarkN

Carzone should make themselves a bit more bloody responsible IMO.

They shouldn't allow the type of twat that does that to a car advertise it an an M5 - it's false advertising.

Not a patch on this jaded "M Type" 520i "super car" with "lather" interior. :rolleyes:

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=654366

bazz26 wrote:
    Not a patch on this jaded "M Type" 520i "super car" with "lather" interior. :rolleyes:

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=654366

And since when is a 5 series an "E36"? I hate that statement "First to see will buy".

recently complete service done including timing belt
    :rolleyes:

Climate control? Satellite navigation? Don't think so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

Andrewf20 wrote:
    Look closely to see that is not an M5. Its not an "exact M5 replica" of course because it doesnt have 507bhp. One thing that gives it away of course is the fact that the E60 M5 wasn't out in 2003!

http://www.usedcars.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=Car&carID=758759&message=You%20searched%20for%3A%20BMW%20M5%2C%20added%20in%20the%20last%207%20days%2E%20Your%20search%20returned%20one%20vehicle%2C%20which%20is%20shown%20below%2E&CFID=5007352&CFTOKEN=13179632
    It's not an 'exact' M5 replica either since the real McCoy has a different boot, only noticeable by real Msport anoraks mind :cool:

Tight Kavan hoor you'd think he's swing for the 550i at least :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Andrewf20 wrote:
    I hate that statement "First to see will buy".

I always feel like ringing and asking if anyone has been to see it yet?

"Someone has? Ah bo11ox, so it's sold then yeah?"

Advertisement