Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem setting width on VBulletin forums

Options
  • 28-07-2007 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

I am guessing that the solution for this is quite straight forward but I am having no luck finding it at all.

My clan have the following forums:

http://www.irish-army.net/forum/index.php

I am trying to set the width of the forums to a specific width in pixels as oppossed to taking up the whole width of the brower.

As you can see from the link above, the width of the heading etc is being set but the main body is taking up the whole width of the bowser. However, when I go in an view any specific forum, the width is actually what I set it to.

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Read the installation instructions for that style, their are 2 basic types

When you import the style XML file there should be a few different ones.

style+.xml = Full Width
    style.xml = Fixed Width

The # denotes that the style uses the Legacy Postbit interface (same as boards.ie - with the username to the left.

Anyway, if thats not what you mean ! - import the Fixed Width one and look for references to the px width value when editing the style.

//EDIT

Closer inspection at your style, shows it's using "Greenfox +" which is the fluid width version, which is the full width of the screen :) import the other XML file

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

K :) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Right, I got someone with access to do it now and it's doing something funky.

He imported the fixed width template and the page that was the witdth of the full screen is now a fixed width and is centred. However, we cannot change what width we want this to be set to.

When we change "Main Table Width" it changes the width of the header but not the width of the main body. When this is changed, the main body remains centred but the now wider header is off centre to the right. This can be seen here now:

http://www.irish-army.net/forum/index.php

The lad doing it (I don't have access to it myself) is saying he has the following optiions:

Main Table Width (pixels or percentage) (This is the width of the table that contains all your vBulletin content)
    (Customized in this Style) Revert Spacer Size (pixels) (Spacing between the body border and the main content)
    Outer Border Width (pixels) (This value specifies the width in pixels of the outer-border of all colored tables)
    Inner Border Width (pixels) (This value specifies the width in pixels of the inner-border of all colored tables)
    Table Cell Padding (pixels) (This value allows you to set the cellpadding for all tables in vBulletin)
    Form Element Spacer Size (pixels) (This is the size of the spacer used to separate blocks of form elements)
    Form Width (pixels) (This value specifies the width in pixels of most forms in the vBulletin interface)
    User Control Panel Form Width (pixels) (This value allows you to specify a smaller form width, to compensate for the presence of the navigation bar in the user control panel pages)
    Message Area Width (pixels) (This value allows you to specify the width in pixels of the text box used for all message posting in vBulletin)
    User Control Panel Message Area Width (pixels) (This value represents the width in pixels of the message area in user control panel pages)
    Code Block Width (pixels) (This value controls the width of [code], [php] and [html] bbcode blocks. You may set this value to 'auto', but if you do, Internet Explorer will stretch the width of the block rather than inserting a scrollbar.)

Advertisement