Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free shopping/checkout software

Options
  • 28-07-2007 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any experience with free/open source online shopping software? I've found agoracart, which looks OK. Is there anything better out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

have a look at mal's e-commerce shopping cart. simple and easy to intergate to any existing website.

marty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I work with osCommerce. It has loads of open source add-ons and integrates with PayPal and other payment services.
    The default interface is dated (the forthcoming version 2 is table-less CSS) but can be customised easily enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

Cheers Marty and daymobrew.

The osCommerce looks pretty useful. Many questions to follow, watch this space :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

I use osCommerce, but I have a lot of issues with the current version. Nearly all of these problems are going to be fixed in the new version of osCommerce, but for now, it's a pain in the ass. A few of the main issues I'm referring to are namely:
    • Register_Globals must be on
    • Long Arrays must be on
    • No in-built templates
    • No in-built support for mod_rewrite
    • Table layout
    • Admin section isn't password secured by default
    Otherwise, the general functionality of the cart is good, and that or Zen Cart are the best options at the moment.

Advertisement