Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lotto - Euromillions - Won in Tramore (CHECK YOUR TICKETS!)

Options
  • 28-07-2007 9:05pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Anybody who purchased a euro-millions ticket in Centra Tramore -- get it checked. I see that a ticket worth 30k+ has not been claimed.

:)

Kevin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jasus I thought you'd been on the piss (I checked and the jackpot was'nt won). :D When was the ticket sold?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

i thought the amount won was nearly 400 thousand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

It was, 380,000 or so!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Thats the rounded figure I believe, but its much more then that.

Cant recall the date it was bought im affraid. :|

I saw all the posters and was thinking "Who cares, its not like buying the ticket in Centra makes a difference" but then I realised they were looking for the ticket holder :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

i won it nottt - figure is 387,533

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/151-01.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

All in a nights work for you Neill ;)

so has anyone got the gossip on who won it has it been claimed or whats going on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

i know who won, don't think they'd appreciate me saying there name on this though

CantGetNoSleep: I assume it was claimed?

Personally, I dont think its acceptable the amount of privacy invasion people who win large sums of money get so I agree with you and wouldnt go mentioning their names. Let them go public if they want.

i'm not sure if they claimed or not, but have heard the same name from several people

• Advertisement

I heard a name of a local teacher but her son denies it.

EDIT: The name of the person who said the name was a staff member in Centra. As of today, another staff member denies the ticket was claimed.

Sully wrote:
    I heard a name of a local teacher but her son denies it.

EDIT: The name of the person who said the name was a staff member in Centra. As of today, another staff member denies the ticket was claimed.
    Yeah it was in the paper the other day that it still hasn't been claimed, the same name of that teacher is being mentioned all over the town, saw her last week though, so it's not like she's on holidays and hasn't had a chance to claim it

Well her son denies it vigurously and claims it was not them, and that people are getting her mixed up with someone else and that they she was on holidays at the time etc. Shes back a while tho id imagine.

How long do they have to claim it?

90 days i think

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Sully wrote:
    CantGetNoSleep: I assume it was claimed?

Personally, I dont think its acceptable the amount of privacy invasion people who win large sums of money get so I agree with you and wouldnt go mentioning their names. Let them go public if they want.

Yeah I'd say the day after a Lotto winner's name is revealed the begging letters start pouring through the letterbox. Sad! :mad:

i heard on wlr that a man claimed the prize only recently. he said that he knew he won the next day but wanted to give it time to sink in so he only claimed it now, he also wishes to remain annonoumous

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭antog86

Some years back a man who had won a major sum of money in the UK lotto was asked by a reporter:

Reporter: What will you do with all the begging letters?
    Winner: I'll keep sending them!

Advertisement