Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unreal Tournament Vs Quake 3 Arena

Options
  • 28-07-2007 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Both Brilliant, though I played a lot more Q3, I'm a God on DM17, anyway which do you think is better and why, this is a tough one to call

Unreal Tournament Vs Quake 3 Arena 44 votes

Unreal Tournament
    0% 0 votes
    Quake 3 Arena
    59% 26 votes
    atari Jaguar
    40% 18 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

very tough:

I owned both

and I found:

UT had alot more options and alot more choice, it had an amazing team game support and the amount of easy customization one could do was very appealling.

It was the first of the two I bought, and I found it was a game because at the time I had a 56k modem that never lost its appeal in single player skirmish because of its choice but when the oppurtunity to go online appeared it was also very appealling, though I have known friends to tell me it feels wrong in its movement when playing online.

Quake 3 I bought much later and while it clearly lacked the choice and options of UT it made up for it for having a much more crafted feel, the character movement both to the player and in their animation was perfect and the pace and power of everything was perfect. Single player was much much much more shortlived and downright boring compared to UT but its multiplayer felt alot more full and exciting.

it played like a dream. Its game I would play online in a heartbeat but I would be hesitant to boot it up unless I knew that an online game was there for me to join (4 player lan in my university house was very enjoyable)

So which is better.

Between the original UT and Quake 3, it would be difficult, UT offered hours of enjoyment when I was young playing it single player to death and when I could online was excellent.

Quake 3, never bothered far into the single player and the online was amazing.

UT is better balanced, but when Q3 is good it is much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

UT was more varied but Q3 is rediculously polished and well balanced for what it is.

Both are excellent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

UT CTF was awesome. Played it for years. Dont think I ever played a better online game.

Q3 was meh...never held my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

quake3 was brillant but got old and boring much faster then ut99 did, was able to play that game for hours on end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

UT by a country mile for me tbqh.

More variety & options, excellent gameplay.

Still play it today actually. Insta-Gib DM ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

two totally different games tbh.

UT was so customisable more options etc.

but quake 3 was just more polished and had a much much faster pace.

if i had to chose it would be quake3.

ps. i'd own anyone at dm17.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Well, as I'm straight, I prefer Quake (World).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Quake 3 for me.
    It's probably the best designed head-to-head deathmatch game ever made. Perfectly balanced, and all skill based, no uber-weapons that trump everything else.

Pitty i'm terrible at it....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,687 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

UT if only for the redeemer and the strangelove mod, flying around Facing Worlds on the back of a nuke is great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I'm going to be awkward and say both, well in terms of game modes anyway.

When I want a good solid DM game I'll go straight for Q3 but if I want some variety I'll head for UT.

The Jailbreak mod for Q3 was great too but what also made it great was the fact that it was still built around Q3s fantastic DM gameplay. UT had the awesome Onslaught game mode too so it really is a tie for me overall.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

UT2K4 > Quake 3 > UT ^^

quake 4 isnt so bad with 1.4.2 patch and q4max installed.

quake 3 is fuppin brilliant though. can have a very high skill curve though (i still cant do the jump to rail on DM6) but is definately the more polished of the 2 games if it came down to it. UT was probably the better game overall as it had such a large mass appeal but quake 3 probably still has the best 1v1 system out of any FPS

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

UT.
    I still play it now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Unreal Tournament, hands down. Just had a more fun experience with the game.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

UT , still play in over lan the odd friday night and still play Tac-ops , one of it's mods , regularly online .

Advertisement