Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent places to go in Cork without having to drink??

Options
  • 28-07-2007 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Is there anywhere in Cork that people can go for a chat, to meet a girl, for good food, etc somewhere not too packed or full of drunk people.

Girls where do you go in Cork city if ya just want a bit of a quiet time and don't necessarily want to have to drink??

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

tribes

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AutumnDays

The girls and I, we like a civilized drink and don't want to be around yobs or yucky drunks go to either the Tapas bar on patrick's hill (can't think of the name, begin with B) or the Wine Bar (actually called the wine bar) on Washington Street. Hope that helps. I know, it's so hard to avoid yobs (male and female) in this city. :D

We have the same issue - where do 'nice' girls go to meet nice guys?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

The Wine Bar on washington street is awesome (presuming you mean the one near the Thirsty Scholar), great pub to avoid big crowds and drunk morons. Only problem I've ever had with the place was once or twice when stag/hen nights were in there, but even then it was still better than most places would be in the same situation...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

AutumnDays wrote:
    Tapas bar on patrick's hill (can't think of the name, begin with B)

Boqueria? The one with the big cock over the door?

I always assumed it was spanish for rooster but according to google translation it means nothing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Boqueria as in the overpriced tapas place on Bridge St.?

Technically Boqueria could be literally translated as as "mouth shop" but a more accurate translation is "bites shop", as in "a bite to eat".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

la boqueria is packed at the weekends. tapas rock there though despite the price. they aint big cider stockers in there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AutumnDays

Ah yeah, Boqueria is the one I mean. None of my friends or I drink beer, we're all wine drinkers so it's great for us. :D

Has anyone tried any of the hotel bars (I heard the new Jurys bar is supposed to be nice) - but would they be very quiet, even at the weekend? Anyone tried them at the weekend?

Or any other nice wine/cocktail bars?

Thanks folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

St Annes in Shanakiel,

Great spot, wear a clown mask for maximum sexage

craichoe wrote:
    Great spot, wear a clown mask for maximum sexage

That sounds like the setup for some sort of hidden camera-based TV show....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

But I was there last week......Oh my god! What have I done?

• Advertisement
Advertisement