Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can an o2 xda mini s be used on speakeasy

• 28-07-2007 11:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭

can i use an xda mini on speakeasy or do i need to be on a bill.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

The O2 Extended ROM Installation at the start gives you an option to setup the device for O2 Ireland Prepaid settings.

So the answer is yes, also if it is SIM and CID Unlocked it can be used on any network with any rom with the correct service provider settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

I am sure you can use it on Speakeasy but the data will be heavily priced..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭lanno

tks, for the help but where do i find the O2 Extended ROM Installation?

When you use or "Hard Reset" the XDA the extended rom will start installing, this will then issue you with a settings page and the speakeasy settings are there under :

Ireland, Prepay, GPRS just click then and hit finish and thats you ready to go.

If you need anymore help give me a shout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 maddflogg

The speakeasy data-tariffs would kill you, wouldn't they? Well, I guess if you have the xda already...why not (sure, as already said: settings are available)! But if you want a wm smart-phone on prepay go with vodafone:misp/isp data traffic is charged at euro2/mb as opposed to o2's 1cent/kb (=euro10/mb)...treo 750v isn't bad, or check with voda's technical support team...you may be able to run the xda on vodafone (you can in the uk) provided it's unlocked! What's wrong with o2 ireland anyway? Even meteor now have better gprs tariffs...and better handsets!!! That can't be right!!! i recently posted a link to o2.ie on esato.com, the mostly uk members there all died laughing!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭lanno

tks for all the help, got sorted, am moving over to bill pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You shouldn't need a special ROM or anything - you can get the settings you need from the sticky at the top of this forum :)

Settings are built into the O2 UI on initial start up you just specify prepay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

i use my imate jasjar on prepay, works fine, but i suggest only setting up the gprs connection for mms, youll get raped on data charges for email and internet

Advertisement