Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request Thread Deletion

Options
  • 29-07-2007 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Hey. Im requesting this archive be deleted on behalf of a friend of mine. Hes not happy with his name in the thread and that it appears under a google search of his name. Is there anyway it could be removed.

Cheers
    G

Thread In Question
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

did he win the bet? :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Grimes wrote:
    Hey. Im requesting this archive be deleted on behalf of a friend of mine. Hes not happy with his name in the thread and that it appears under a google search of his name. Is there anyway it could be removed.

Cheers
    G

Thread In Question

How did it get up there in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

PM one of the moderators, Sangre or Hullaballú.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

If I've seen this thread when it was fresh, I would have deleted it.

Now all we have is a complete asshole trying to appear to be not a complete asshole.

I have saved a private copy of the thread. It will never leave the web. It may or may not leave this website, but it will never leave the web. I can set up 10 websites to host it in as many seconds.

Have a nice life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Talliesin wrote:
    If I've seen this thread when it was fresh, I would have deleted it.

Now all we have is a complete asshole trying to appear to be not a complete asshole.

I have saved a private copy of the thread. It will never leave the web. It may or may not leave this website, but it will never leave the web. I can set up 10 websites to host it in as many seconds.

Have a nice life.

Jaysus, somebody's on the blob!

I wish to reiterate again the important question posed earlier...did he win the bet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Grimes wrote:
    Hes not happy with his name in the thread and that it appears under a google search of his name.
    You know you'll have to petition Google as well? Just deleting it here won't mean diddly squat to a Google search.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You know you'll have to petition Google as well? Just deleting it here won't mean diddly squat to a Google search.

Google are quite good for deleting cached stuff on request for you these days.

Article on getting stuff deleted here: http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2007/04/requesting-removal-of-content-from-our.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

People can change Talliesin. That could turn up when he's looking for a job, or when a family friend is looking for him etc. It could have a real affect on his life. Why do that to him?

EDIT: Or, it could be a humungous joke. I forgot that option

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Apparently the entire thing was a pisstake T. He wasnt actually attempting what he was asking, nor did he get it.

Advertisement