Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animated Trailer

Options
  • 29-07-2007 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭

http://enewsi.com/

Well. I'm appeased.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I like it, lol @ people markin out over the dinos and screamer, brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Not bad atall.

Loving that Starscream toy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Fantastic. **** that cheesy Michael Bay flick, this is Transformers.

Shame most of the transformation animations kind of suck, and that little girl looks annoying though.

I love how people applauded Starscream sounding like Starscream. After the abomination in the movie, it was no doubt a nice warm fuzzy feeling to have the iconic character back.

Love the toys, love the cartoon. Love all the G1 goodness. Love that Soundwave's electric guitar turns into Laserbeak. Still not fully sold on the animation for some charas(Starscream's chin is a big nono considering he's meant to be an effeminite pretty boy), but it keeps me confident that I can see the flaws right away and they won't creep up on me later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

Rozie wrote:
    Fantastic. **** that cheesy Michael Bay flick, this is Transformers.
    Ever heard the phrase "variety is the spice of life"? I like this style of Transformers, and I like the movie transformers too. Why does it have to be one or the other? and what makes these Transformers and the others not? They are both a line of transforming robots lisenced by Hasbro, right?
    wrote:
    I love how people applauded Starscream sounding like Starscream. After the abomination in the movie, it was no doubt a nice warm fuzzy feeling to have the iconic character back.
    OK, fair enough, movie Starscreams look didn't scream "thats Starscream!!" for me, but I thought his voice (in the one line he had) was pretty spot-on.
    wrote:
    Love the toys, love the cartoon. Love all the G1 goodness. Love that Soundwave's electric guitar turns into Laserbeak. Still not fully sold on the animation for some charas(Starscream's chin is a big nono considering he's meant to be an effeminite pretty boy), but it keeps me confident that I can see the flaws right away and they won't creep up on me later.

Your'e kidding, right? G1 Goodness?? Prime has a mouth (at times), Soundwave carries a guitar, Prowls a frikkin' ninja motorbike and not one alt mode looks remotely realistic! This is as different to G1 as the movie was. But thats ok - change is good. And of course you are entitled to your opinion and to say you like one and not the other - but don't say one is Transformers and the other isn't. They both are, and neither are G1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Your attitude really bloody bothers me.

Transformers isn't just "Transforming robots", it has it's own quirks and "soul" as do other properties of it's type. What you describe could easily be Go-Go-Gobots.

There is such a thing as mindlessly accepting change.

If someone is a fan of a property for a specific reason, and it changes into something else, why should they still be expected to like it? All this "Open minded" talk is bull****.

I'm bemused as to how you can say the Movie is more G1. In some ways it's more directly based off G1, just getting things horribly wrong, wheras the cartoon is trying to be something new. But the fact that Soundwave's there, is a start, the Electric guitar/Laserbeak idea is actually pretty cool and in the spirit of the original cartoon, it's better than having him a Gangsta Rappa, Starscream is absolutely spot on. we have the Dinobots back, G1 Arcee, G1 Ratchet(Pretty much), and the aesthetic is pretty much a stylised G1. Not to mention that apart from that annoying little girl, it looks like it actually focuses on the Robots.

It's much more in the spirit of G1, it feels like a natural progression even if it misses out on some of the atmosphere of the original, whereas the movie is just Super Mario Bros. The Movie for Transformers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

G1 was Transformers
    G2 was Transformers
    Beast Wars was Transformers
    Beast Machines was Transformers
    The Michael Bay movie was Transformers
    The new Animated Show is Transformers
    Can't we all just get along????

Oh and yeah, the cartoon looks decent enough. Heck it has Dinobots, i'm happy. I just fear it may end up too much like Teen titans. it seems to have taht feel to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

oh for FS

To quote simon furman, "it never ends!"

the only solace i have is it'll probably never be shown here in ireland. ****ING kids, what the hell is the obsession with pre teeners in TF? i can understand the japanese, theyre just weird about the stuff, but the yanks have no excuse.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

Rozie wrote:
    Your attitude really bloody bothers me.

Transformers isn't just "Transforming robots", it has it's own quirks and "soul" as do other properties of it's type. What you describe could easily be Go-Go-Gobots.

There is such a thing as mindlessly accepting change.

Does anybodys attitude not bother you?
    I'm not saying Transformers is just transforming robots; each series has its own different feel and personality, but they are all Transformers. Im saying that what they have in common is that they are Transforimg robots lisenced by Hasbro. Because they are not G1 does not mean they are not Transformers.

And I am the last person who you can accuse of "mindlessly accepting change". I have been collecting Transformers toys and comics from before they were Transformers, and I didn't like the Movie designs at first either. I took some convincing, but I came around to the idea and quite like them now for the most part. There is nothing wrong with acceping change, its certainly better than stubbornly sticking with an out-dated idea. If there was only one version of Optimus Prime, Hasbro would sell a hell of a lot less toys.

If someone is a fan of a property for a specific reason, and it changes into something else, why should they still be expected to like it? All this "Open minded" talk is bull****.
    Nobodys expecting you to like it, just don't presume its wrong. The people behind the Transformers property are in it to make money, and if everybody (or even the majority) thought that sticking to the same concept for twenty-odd years was the right thing to do, then that what they would be selling. Its not. And as for "Open minded bull****", well, I'd hate to live in a world without that, wouldn't you??
    I'm bemused as to how you can say the Movie is more G1. In some ways it's more directly based off G1, just getting things horribly wrong, wheras the cartoon is trying to be something new. But the fact that Soundwave's there, is a start, the Electric guitar/Laserbeak idea is actually pretty cool and in the spirit of the original cartoon, it's better than having him a Gangsta Rappa, Starscream is absolutely spot on. we have the Dinobots back, G1 Arcee, G1 Ratchet(Pretty much), and the aesthetic is pretty much a stylised G1. Not to mention that apart from that annoying little girl, it looks like it actually focuses on the Robots.

It's much more in the spirit of G1, it feels like a natural progression even if it misses out on some of the atmosphere of the original, whereas the movie is just Super Mario Bros. The Movie for Transformers.

Please go back and read my original post, and then read that again. I didn't say the movie was more G1. I said neither of them was G1, but they were both Transformers. You could argue the Movie designs are stylised G1, just stylised for a more "real world" setting. Every transformers property in the last twenty years is a progression of G1 in one way or another, even the movie. But until they go back and use the same characters in the same setting with the same (or similar and updated) designs, it won't be G1. In fact, the last time the did that, they called it G2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=cVtVZP5tjWY

new trailer from the comic-con. I think this could be a really, really good series

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ger, you're wastin your time with Rozie. Its not worth it.

Didnt like this, looks like its somethin simliar to power puff girls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

Anywho

I think this will be good. Yes, Megs's hed is lifted off the movie, but his toy looks cool. Starscream is fabuloso, with a great voice and a wonderful toy. Prime looks good. Laserbeak...is a guitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and three little words. Dinobots kick butt.

Advertisement