Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rating system in AH

Options
  • 29-07-2007 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

How come the rating system for threads doesn't work in AH? I think it would be handy! Who's with me?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Using Firefox? If so it's possibly the well known "javascript menus not working on threads longer than one page" problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

I use Opera. Oh, is the rating system on, I just can't see it? I can see it in the Humour Section

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Maybe it is on and nobody uses it.

"Handy" how?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Yup - it's there alrighty.. guess not many threads in AH need a rating..

*editski*

or it may not work - just rated the €16m thread and it didn't show up.. no biggie tbh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I don't even look at the ratings, I judge a thread, before clicking, on the title

• Advertisement

Irish Wolf wrote:
    Yup - it's there alrighty.. guess not many threads in AH need a rating..

*editski*

or it may not work - just rated the €16m thread and it didn't show up.. no biggie tbh..
    There's a rating now after I clicked.
    The drop-down menu didn't work because of the browser issue... but the rating system is there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Irish Wolf wrote:

No it's there. It only appeared in the past few minutes so it must take a while before it is updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I fairly sure it takes the average rating of x amount of votes. If only one or two people rate a thread then it's score would be pointless.

Rabies wrote:
    I fairly sure it takes the average rating of x amount of votes. If only one or two people rate a thread then it's score would be pointless.
    Yarp.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

im fairly sure the rting system is working in AH.
    maybe there nothing there worth rating?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

No maybe about it.

Advertisement