Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any .270 match ammo?

Options
  • 29-07-2007 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

HI all

Just curious,did anyone ever see any high quality match ammo for the .270 in different shops?im interested in the round but any time i look it only seems to be stuff geared at knockin deer over.I know that what this round is mainly used at over in Ireland but was just wondering if there is any ammunition aimed at target shooting.I think i saw sceners for them once but could be mistaken.

Thanks in advance
    Remmy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

I'm open to correction here, but I don't think there is any such thing as a match round for .270.

As it's not a calibre used for ISSF shooting (the main area for match shooting) or for long range shooting (normally 7.62 and sometimes 8mm), you are possibly heading into hand loading territory to get the best rounds.

As I say, I could be wrong but I've never heard of that calibre being used.

Just looked at Lapua's range and the only calibres that they do in the Sport shooting and long range grades outside .22 are:

6mm BR norma
    6.5 x 55 Swedish
    .308 Winchester or 7.62 x 51
    .338 Lapua Magnum

That wouldn't be an exhaustive list as they don't appear to do a .270 at all.

Advertisement