Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Eye Test

Options
  • 29-07-2007 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Well, I have my theory test booked and application form filled out and now have to arrange some sort of eye test...

Whats the story with the eye exam, do you have to go to some sort of opticians or can a local GP do what's required?

Thanks.

Comments

Any optician should do it for you. They will give you a report which you take with you when you apply for your licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I've never been to an opticians and was wondering if it's more or less expensive to get an eye test done there?

Slightly off topic - My local GP charges extra for a medical for renewing a driving licence. Is this normal? (I think it was E100 last time for a 10 minute visit - seems a bit unfair :()

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

my optician didn't even charge me, complimentary++

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It's around 20 euro for an eye test. Specsavers or anyplace like that'll do it for you no bother. Even if you've got great eyesight it's still a good idea to have an eye test every 2 years or so. They check for glaucoma, eye disease etc so it's well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dish

Yea i got mine done in Specsavers! CHarged me E15 but sure it has to be done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭hexagramer

if u have a medical card its free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

What people are entitled to medical cards? PRSI, yeah?

Advertisement