Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Message to the wanker who stole my drink in the icon

Options
  • 29-07-2007 3:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭

I'd spat in it before I headed out to the dancefloor :D

Honestly, makes you wonder what type of people these nightclubs leave in.....I know that there's no outward signs that someone is a complete wanker/cheapskate/idiot/retard, but is there really this many sad individuals around ?

It's by no means a big issue, but it's just sad that scum like these are becoming the norm......he was actually sitting there drinking it when I got back, but (of course) without serial numbers on bottles there's no proof.

Again, like the damage to the car 2 weeks ago, not something I'll lose sleep over, but as a reflection on how society is going it's pretty sad!

Oh - here's a warning to anyone considering a repeat or copycat performance......the next half-full bottle of Miller or pint that I leave lying around will have about half a jar of Andrews laxatives mixed into it.......so beware - you can indulge your scummy thievery at your own peril!

Would also love if other decent folk on the boards would start doing similar, just for a week or two, so that more of these little ****s would learn their lesson the hard (sorry - should that be "soft" ?) way, and end up living up to that description! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

I hear you brother - but it's only a drink, let it go.. I'll hold my hand up and admit I lifted a drink back in my younger days..

Don't let it grind...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JuJuYNWA

Yep, back in the good old days of workin in tescos while in college, me and a mate made a game of robbing peoples drinks in the local night club. 1 point for a randomers drink, 5 points for someone who worked in tescos with us and 10 points for a manager from tescos.

Very juvenile i know but it was great craic at the time.

Got caught a few times by bouncers and got thrown out of the place, but sure that only added to the fun.

I'm not condoning what I did or what that guy did to you but if you leave your drink down somewhere where you cant see it then be glad it was only robbed and not spiked cos that would have been a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

icons... and you are surprised???

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

My rule of thump in a nighclub is if I leave a drink unattended I will not go back to it. You hear too many stories these days.

And at the price of drink these days I tend to finish most of it before abandoning it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭StraddleFor6

bazz26 wrote:
    My rule of thump in a nighclub is if I leave a drink unattended I will not go back to it. You hear too many stories these days.

And at the price of drink these days I tend to finish most of it before abandoning it.

Looks like the op can afford to leave his unattended, pay for the laxative to spike his own half full drink and pay for the new drink he now needs cos he spiked his old one.

There are far easier ways to solve this, as pointed out by bazz26.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Sadly it happens a lot.
    Its a bad habit and theres no excuse for stealing drink.
    I know some people may have done it in their younger years, but there's no excuse for it.
    I tend to finish a drink before leaving it and if I do leave it I have someone in my company keep an eye on it.
    I dont think its worth trying to get back at people like that. Far too much hassle. Just be more careful with it in future.
    Kippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

1) I didn't realise I were sharing the boards with scummy cheapskate drink-robbing gob****es - stealing is stealing, regardless of what it is you're stealing or whether you think it's "great craic"....if you're "making a game" out of robbing drinks, then you're not mature enough to be drinking or in a nightclub

2) And as for straddle6's ridiculous comments on my finances - which have nothing to do with you, mate - it doesn't matter who can afford what, stealing is wrong. Period. As for being able to afford the new drink and the laxative - hey, the entertainment would be WELL worth it seeing some asshole get his comeuppance! And in fact, there is another liquid substance readily available in nightclubs that's the same colour......let's call it "recycled Miller", for argument's sake, and (unlike actual "spiking" or tampering with someone else's drink) if someone wants to nick an unknown bottle, they've no right to know what's in it - it's their choice to do it.

3) As for "letting it go" - it's gone.....life's too short to let ****s (or those who condone/excuse ****s) annoy me.

And if any of you fancy reliving those hilarious college games and lifting a drink in a nightclub, be warned that some night, some nighclub I WILL carry out the above revenge!
    There are far easier ways to solve this, as pointed out by bazz26
    That's not a solution, it's a workaround which lets assholes win. The "solution" is to stop scumbags from breeding or stop them going into nightclubs, and a step towards that would be if idiots didn't egg their mates on to do **** like this.

I mean, there are far easier ways to stop rape, like stopping women from going out, but I don't see people suggesting that to "solve" the problem ?

The problem is to weed out scum of all types, by whatever methods necessary. And yes, there are worse things going on in nightclubs (like spiking drinks or even drugs) but I'm stunned that people would come on a public board and condone/excuse it or say that it's MY fault......easily known the posts are behind nicknames without names and addresses.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭StraddleFor6

You're getting way too worked up about this. There's lots of bad people doing bad things all over the world. If the minor things get to you this much, you'll be bitchin 24/7. Nobody likes that.

My "ridiculous" comments about your finances were clearly intented for humour purposes and has nothing to do with your ability to afford 1, 2 or 5 million drinks.
    When you arrived back, did you confront the man that was drinking your bottle? Perhaps notify security? No. But next week, month, whenever your next unattended drink goes missing, you'll have the last laugh.

Are you really going to bring laxative out with you from now on and spike every bottle you leave half full with it? You're gonna start coming back from the dancefloor disappointed to see you're drink is still there. One night you'll probably forget you spiked it and drink it yourself.

Do yourself a favour, relax, and drink up before you bust a move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭BENJAMIN61

well gift

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭mormank

when are you gonna SEE the guy get his cummupence?? u gonna follow the guy into the toilets and listen to him?? would you enjoy that?? weirdo. u seem very aggressive too man, obviously u gave this guy an earfull..or did you just let him off to come on hear and be ooohhh sooo angry etc.. relax man..its jus a phase, you'll get over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭mormank

by the way, you do realise there are real life girls in nite clubs right??? you know, like the ones you see on your computer screen!! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Do the knackers stealing drinks in nightclubs not be afraid of what a confrontation may result in? Or are they too stupid to realise that anything could happen to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

I would have to hold my hand up and say that Ive lifted drinks in the past, when your a flat broke student, ya sometimes have to be a bit of a fecker. But as the last few posters have said, you need to RELAX. You seem like a complete hot-head, and a cowardly hot-head at that. Confront the guy and I guarantee you he'll give it back 9 times out of 10... and again CHILL out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

bazz26 wrote:

speaking truth bazz.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bazz said it all. Its your fault for leaving it behind you when you go for a dance, anything can happen to it (far worse things than being stolen, too).

Finish drink, then go dance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement