Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study materials for CCNA 640-802

Options
  • 29-07-2007 6:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone have suggestions of study materials to get/use for the updated CCNA (640-802)?

I presume there won't be all that many around since it isn't even available to take just yet, but I'm looking to get a CCNA and don't see much of a point in taking the current exam which will be phased out in november.

Suggestions greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Cisco press have these books available clicky1 & clicky2 for the CCNA 640-802 exam.

It seems that there are alot of people waiting for this new exam to drop and discarding the current CCNA 640-801 exam, but I really don't see the point in doing this. The new exam will be more expensive to sit (over €50 more if I am to believe what I have read), much harder (the 640-801 is hard enough if you ask me) & there is not alot of new study material out for it yet (apart from the books that I linked above).

At the end of the day a CCNA is a CCNA and you will have to renew/upgrade it in 3 years anyway so it is not really going to make that much of a difference if you sit the current exam or wait for the new one.

(Btw, as far as I know ISDN is being dropped for the new exam and new topics will include VOIP, RSTP, SSH, wireless & wireless security).

Advertisement