Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inference

• 29-07-2007 9:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭

A quiet gentleman was preparing to board a plane when he learned that the Pope was on the same flight.
    "This is exciting," thought the gentleman. "I've always been a big fan of the Pope. Perhaps I'll be able to see him in person."
    Imagine his surprise when the Pope sat down in the seat next to him for the flight. The gentleman though, was reluctant to speak to the pontiff.

Shortly after take-off, the Pope began a crossword. "This is fantastic," thought the gentleman. "I'm really good at crosswords. Perhaps, if the Pope gets stuck, he might ask me for assistance."
    Almost immediately, the Pope turned to the gentleman and said, "Excuse me, but do you know of a four-letter word referring to a woman that ends in 'unt'?"

Only one word leapt to mind...My goodness, thought the gentleman, I can't tell the Pope that, there must be another one. The gentleman thought for a while, then it dawned.
    Turning to the pope, he said, "I think you're looking for the word 'aunt'."

"Of course," said the Pope. "Do you have an eraser?"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

hiorta wrote:
    "Excuse me, but do you know of a four-letter word referring to a woman that ends in 'unt'?"

Classic :D

Advertisement