Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Steak In Limerick?

Options
  • 29-07-2007 9:47am
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've had the ones in the Texas Steak Out, where else would you suggest for a nice thick steak? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Creamery in Bunratty.... (if you have a car and don't mind a 15 min drive!)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Good one, i'm in shannon so even closer. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Bobby Byrnes do a great steak. Finnegans on the Dublin road used to do a fantastic one

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Finnegans is a tame shadow of its former self. It was a great place to eat about 5 years ago, but these days, I'm not so sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 beanflick

TmB wrote:
    Finnegans is a tame shadow of its former self. It was a great place to eat about 5 years ago, but these days, I'm not so sure.
    Spot on i was there a couple of weeks ago and the food i got was rotten fact.
    I wont be going back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

Try the new hotel in lower henry street, the marriott

I got a steak there last week and it ws the best i ever had. THEY got the chef from the MUSTARD SEED and the food is 5 star. The decor between 3 and 4, but the food was fantastic. Not the cheapest but worth it if you like a nice steak

Thanks, had one in the Radisson and was horrible, but that was years ago. Will have to try the marriot and creamery. What about spurs, or is that just muck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Spurs is one of the worst places to eat in Limerick. Absolutely terrible food. "Steaks" and I sue the term very loosely are like shoe leather...!
    The Manor and Gallaghers in Bunratty are also good. That place in Birdhill is good too.
    Has anyone eatem im the trinity Rooms bar since they started doing food?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jay_haych

i got an amazing fillet steak in luigi malones twice in the last month. comes with potatoe gratin + salad and for a fillet steak was huge. i think it was either 14 or 17 Oz for 24.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

MarkR wrote:
    Thanks, had one in the Radisson and was horrible, but that was years ago. Will have to try the marriot and creamery. What about spurs, or is that just muck?

I would not go to Spurs for a proper steak to be honest. Their food is more like Eddie Rockets than being a proper steak house.

• Advertisement

I was thinking it was something along those lines, thanks

Gallaghers is really only a shadow of itself since the takeover

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Best place in Limerick for a steak is any good butchers followed by 3 minutes either side on full heat on a BBQ....some pre-cook garnishing to your own taste is also worth the extra time it takes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭rstans

Try The Bank on O'Connell Street in about two weeks time. They have a new head chef there who is whipping the place into shape. He's a good friend of mine and one of the few chefs who I would trust to cook a steak the way I like 'em cooked (blue, damn near raw, sizzle sizzle cooked). As I said give him a few weeks to sort his staff out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Texas steak out is awful.
    Best steak is the creamery in bunratty.
    25 euro for potato gratins 5 vegs chips and baby potatos
    U will leave the place not able to walk and the steak is 3 quarters of an inch thick
    God i love that place. Hungry just thinking about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

dont shoot me but Flan costellos have a massive steak tasty too.

+1 for costelloes

Was out in Goosers in Ballina today and the guy next to me at the bar ordered a steak twas huge so must get one the next time

Advertisement