Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a bit of a pickle

Options
  • 29-07-2007 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭

i always thought i wanted to do law but i was walking around my local pig farm the other day and thought wouldnt a pig farmer be a great career.

so now im in a little bit of a pickle ( hence the title ) do i do law or do i become a pig farmer.

what would u do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

u can't be for real:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

regob wrote:
    i always thought i wanted to do law but i was walking around my local pig farm the other day and thought wouldnt a pig farmer be a great career.

so now im in a little bit of a pickle ( hence the title ) do i do law or do i become a pig farmer.

what would u do?
    A horrible situation to be in no doubt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

sd123 wrote:
    u can't be for real:rolleyes:

It does sound like a joke... (not a very good one but a joke nonetheless).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Regob you moron. Is that your attempt at humour? I have a different sense of humour than other people but God that was just plan awful. I will laugh if you want me to, I'm fine with that.

Oh by the way, it's called caps lock use it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah, I want to do Arts(then become teacher), and walking around the Guinness storehouse the other day, I thought that a barrel-maker(cant remember actual name) would be a fun job...still dont want to do it

Morale of the story: Dont think anyone here is gonna care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Cooper I believe.

I was having difficulties deciding between Theoretical Physics and Pastry Making.. now I want to do neither. : p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

More people would miss all pig farmers quicker than they would miss all lawyers, were they to be wiped out tomorrow. Fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Wait, I'm confused. You're planning to train some gardaí is it?

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

spurious wrote:
    More people would miss all pig farmers quicker than they would miss all lawyers, were they to be wiped out tomorrow. Fact.
    Well, truth be told peple would miss the common cold more than lawyers were both to be wiped out tomorrow, so....

PFM: But TP are heart!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

Regob you moron. Is that your attempt at humour? I have a different sense of humour than other people but God that was just plan awful. I will laugh if you want me to, I'm fine with that.

Oh by the way, it's called caps lock use it!!!!

who the hell do u think u are, do u think u are better than me or something because ure from dublin. you have no right to call anyone a moron.

i dont think its funny this is my career that were talking about and u think im trying to create some humour.

were not doing bloody essays here, i think if anybody is so sad to notice and point out that somebody didnt use capitals then they need to get a life

• Advertisement

Raphael wrote:
    PFM: But TP are heart!
    Maths is better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Maths is better!

In Trinity when studying T.P one takes both maths and physics courses. Therefore
    Maths+Physics=T.P
    Therefore
    Maths=T.P-Physics
    But Physics rocks and therefore is greater then zero
    Therefre T.P>Maths.
    Q.E.D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

<Generic JC 2K3 reply to topic>

dan719 wrote:
    In Trinity when studying T.P one takes both maths and physics courses. Therefore
    Maths+Physics=T.P
    Therefore
    Maths=T.P-Physics
    But Physics rocks and therefore is greater then zero
    Therefre T.P>Maths.
    Q.E.D

That's a cool arguement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Pure maths is a BA. TP is a BSc.

I believe my argument to be made.

Ah yes, but you've forgotten that, due to this doing-two-courses-at-the-same-time, TP has ridiculous hours, whereas maths has normal hours. This allows me to do things like sleep, and eat.

Also I hear the physics part of the TP course is extremely dull.

EDIT: Also, R4ph, isn't there some weird thing about Trinity only giving BAs? That may be a myth, though...
    And if you think I'm going to UCD to do TP... : p

regob wrote:
    who the hell do u think u are, do u think u are better than me or something because ure from dublin. you have no right to call anyone a moron.

i dont think its funny this is my career that were talking about and u think im trying to create some humour.

were not doing bloody essays here, i think if anybody is so sad to notice and point out that somebody didnt use capitals then they need to get a life

Go with the pig farming. It'll obviously suit your personality and if that's the way you like to argue with people, you'll have a very short legal career.
    regob wrote:
    you have no right to call anyone a moron.

Are you sure about this? I think we should let it slide in this case...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Ah yes, but you've forgotten that, due to this doing-two-courses-at-the-same-time, TP has ridiculous hours, whereas maths has normal hours. This allows me to do things like sleep, and eat.

Also I hear the physics part of the TP course is extremely dull.

EDIT: Also, R4ph, isn't there some weird thing about Trinity only giving BAs? That may be a myth, though...
    And if you think I'm going to UCD to do TP... : p

Sleeping? Eating? Plenty of time when your dead. Well maybe not the eating but anyway. I need to lose a few pounds sure.:D
    Also the experimental side of the physics (i.e labs) is apparently pretty boring but you still get to take courses in special relativity, string theory and qft.

Don't forget Cornholio!
    87f92411-4755-4239-bc4d-ad20f85c1083

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Raphael wrote:
    Pure maths is a BA. TP is a BSc.

I believe my argument to be made.

It's a tradition that Trinity give out a BA for maths which most employers would be well aware of. Anyway, if you're really into your maths, the Mathematical Science course in UCD looks pretty good. Need a B1 in Higher Maths which is the highest requirement I've seen. Actuarial Studies is B3, not sure about TP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Why is TP so good can anybody tell me?

People seem to love it on this website.

Buncha nerds.

JSK 252 wrote:
    Why is TP so good can anybody tell me?

People seem to love it on this website.
    Who wouldn't? It leaves your bunghole nice and clean ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Its the ideal degree for a lot of mathematical post grads apparently. Where the real money nowadays is in Hedge Funds which require an MSc in some form of quantitive Finance and TP is apprently the best to get into it.

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Who wouldn't? It leaves your bunghole nice and clean ;)
    Oh god.

Go with the pig farming. It'll obviously suit your personality and if that's the way you like to argue with people, you'll have a very short legal career.

Are you sure about this? I think we should let it slide in this case...

thanks for the report psychologist carsinian thau

regob wrote:
    thanks for the report psychologist carsinian thau
    No problem, glad to be of service.

No problem, glad to be of service.

im just going to ask you a question here and i want you to give me an honest answer.

how from reading my post above can you say that i will have a very short legal carreer?

we are not all as smart as you psychologist.

• Advertisement

I thought you were repeating until you got 600 boger?

Why do that if you were gonna be a pig farmer?

Advertisement