Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone 3g Broadband & Datacard charges

• 29-07-2007 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have just spent about an hour (vodafone CS) sorting out the reduction in price from 39.99 to 29.99 for my Vodafone 3g Broadband tariff. I received my latest invoice and was still being charged 39.99 when the web site is showing a reduced price of 29.99.

The first CS person I spoke to told me that the reason I wasn't eligible for the reduced monthly tariff was because I had opted for the datacard rather then the modem (I specifically wanted the datacard as I could use the linksys router to share the connection and could also attach an external antenna to enhance the signal). By getting the datacard I was supposedly on a mobile connect tariff and not on a 3g broadband tariff. In a slight state of disbelief I rang off. I then checked the web site and it does indeed say that if you are using the datacard on the mobile connect tariff that you should be paying 39.99. If you use the modem or have a laptop with a built in 3g card then you pay 29.99 under the 3g broadband tariff.

After checking my invoice, the tariff it is showing is for 3g broadband. I again rang the CS people and suggested that my tariff hadn't been reduced inline with the new pricing structure. She assured me that I should be paying 29.99. I then informed her of what the previous CS advisor had said about using the datacard. She checked with her supervisor and said that I should be paying 39.99 as I was using the datacard. Eventually after haranguing her about the unfairness of being charged an extra 10 euro because of a hardware choice I was transferred to a supervisor. He flatly stated that I was not eligible for the 29.99 tariff due to the hardware I was using. I explained that my invoice was showing I was on the 3g broadband tariff and the web price for this was showing as 29.99 and that there was no mention of which particular hardware was being used.

I informed him that he had two choices, either I was going to cancel my contract (6 months left) and they could take me to court, I would also being taking the matter up with comreg, or they changed my contract to the 29.99 tariff. The supervisor then said he needed to talk to the data department to confirm my tariff and would call back.

I am happy to say that not only was I to be put onto the 29.99 tariff, but the next 3 months were to be half price.

Anyhow sorry for the ramble, just thought I’d share this story as I’m pretty sure there are plenty of other vodafone 3g broadband users using a datacard for connection.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Sounds like a really good result Ropey!

Anyone have any idea what us people on Unlinited Tarrif should now be paying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Sounds like a really good result Ropey!

Anyone have any idea what us people on Unlinited Tarrif should now be paying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

We have a number of USB and PCMCIA data cards in the office, I had my secretary ring Vodafone to switch to the new tarrif and they did it immediately, but after hearing your story will check the next bill!

Advertisement