Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[REQUEST]Replica/non firing 7.62x54r ammo for Dragunov

Options
  • 29-07-2007 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Ive just bought a sling for my airsoft Dragunov (see here). The sling can hold 20 rounds. I was wondering where I could buy 20 non-firing 7.62x54r rounds?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I Only know where you can buy them as part of a inert variety pack
    which you have probably already seen if your popping
    over from the Airsoft board:

http://www.airsoftscotland.com/acatalog/Inert_Ammunition_Supplies.html

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

I have emailed Trapper industries, waiting for a reply. Also Bullets, thanks for info, pity I cant get 20 from airsoftscotland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Trapper quoted me £20 plus £6.50 p&p for 20. Thought they would be cheaper tbh. Anywhere else selling them cheaper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Loobz wrote:
    Trapper quoted me £20 plus £6.50 p&p for 20. Thought they would be cheaper tbh. Anywhere else selling them cheaper?

You've obviously never had to pay for centre fire ammo :D .

I think you should be very careful about buying any replica ammunition without a licence. People have been brought to court for possession of deactivated ammunition where it wasn't obvious that it was deactivated.

• Advertisement

I wonder if anyone got a sentence or fine though?

Its one thing to stick in a replica and go commit a crime with the intent
    of making someone believe it it real but its another thing
    if you just have something lying on a shelf or mantle piece for ornamental value.
    or if you are doing some re-enactment or do airsoft etc.

most army surplus stores in Ireland have been selling inert ammo or replica ammo for years to the Public as Keyrings/Pendants
    or on their own. (Without drilling holes etc in the side of the brass)
    (They have not been taken to court as far as I know)

In the past (a few years back)
    I saw 50 call drill rounds in Dublin
    There were inert Grenades for sale in Dublin/Galway a few years back.
    7.62 belts of insert ammo (usually only a few with heads and the rest shells)
    are on sale in a lot of the army stores.
    Saw Inert Mortars in a Galway army store.

As a teenager I used to collect brass and would like to start up doing the
    same again. Spent casings are easy to come across its the head to stick back
    on them that are hard to find. Ideally I would like to make a Framed display
    with all the different types of ammo.

So far I only got .17HMR/5.56/.22hornet/.38special/.220swift/7.62short/7.62/.303
    and .50cal Ready to frame. I Would like to get more as I got a .375, .270, 6.5x55, .30-06 and a 6mm BR, 9mm, .40 all looking for a head.

I also have two 40mm shells I would like to cap,
    and 150mm shell that was given to a family
    member as a present by an Army Cadet in 1915.
    Had it valued around 15 years ago and the antiques dealer
    did not really know much about it but said it was worth around
    4-600 Pounds at the time. Remember google'ing the markings
    but not finding much.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Sparks referred to a case in this post: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50434114&postcount=174

I believe the person concerned lost his firearms licences as a result and only recently got them back. The entire process took well over a year.

This AFAIR was for possession of cartridge cases, not replica rounds or deact rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

rrpc wrote:
    Sparks referred to a case in this post: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50434114&postcount=174

I believe the person concerned lost his firearms licences as a result and only recently got them back. The entire process took well over a year.

This AFAIR was for possession of cartridge cases, not replica rounds or deact rounds.

Same person (a gentleman by the way) never gave up the sport and is now fully restored. More like a year and a half!

rrpc wrote:

Bloody heck thats crazy.
    Lost count of the amount of times as a young fella
    where I was walking in fields and found brass. So in theory any teenager
    kid or anyone else could get hauled up in Court for picking one up off the ground.
    and sticking it in their pockets Even an empty shotgun shell would apply then if person did not own a shot gun.

Would love one of those Framed Displays though.

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

The framed displays are out there ,but well expensive tho.
    Best thing to do is if you intend to collect alot of brass,is to micro drill the case.

• Advertisement

The framed displays are out there ,but well expensive tho.
    Best thing to do is if you intend to collect alot of brass,is to micro drill the case.

Saw the Displays before on some English Websites
    and they were selling them for Crazy Prices.
    (Saw one for 900+ sterling for one with old and unusual shotgun cartridges)

~B

Advertisement