Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ul arena cost???

Options
  • 29-07-2007 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭

just a quick one,

does anyone know the cost of membership to the sports arena for a student?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Last time I joined, €90/semester.

Not sure if they've changed much in the last 2 years tho :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

kaimera wrote:
    Last time I joined, €90/semester.

Not sure if they've changed much in the last 2 years tho :-/

sounds like a good deal so thanks

Yea it works out grand if ya go 3/4+ times a week.

Myself & Otacon started out fine but college work got in the way towards the last few weeks of the Autumn semester :(

kaimera wrote:
    Yea it works out grand if ya go 3/4+ times a week.

Myself & Otacon started out fine but college work got in the way towards the last few weeks of the Autumn semester :(

would you have to book say the basketball courts or could you just turn up and play in general? also are there trainers in the gym to do you up a programme?

The courts I'm not sure about; I know they're usd a lot for indoor soccer which last time we checked was booked out for months.

and I *think* somebody can sort out a programme for you in the gym; just ask afaik.

Hopefully someone with more experience of the arena can shed some more light; be interested myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 whereswally

PeakOutput wrote:
    just a quick one,

does anyone know the cost of membership to the sports arena for a student?

no I'm not sure just new here at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Student Rates:

Full Year €235
    Academic Year €172
    Semester €97

Casual Student Rates:
    Pool €2
    Gym €4
    Fitness classes €2

thanks alot sceptre

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

No worries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

PeakOutput wrote:
    would you have to book say the basketball courts or could you just turn up and play in general? also are there trainers in the gym to do you up a programme?

just ask, a lot of the people that work in the gym will help you out without a doubt.

also, a lot of people there are often paranoid when they first arrive, and often wont even ask for help re working machines etc; but as soon as they do they find out the staff really are very helpful n friendly!

• Advertisement

dK1NG wrote:
    just ask, a lot of the people that work in the gym will help you out without a doubt.

also, a lot of people there are often paranoid when they first arrive, and often wont even ask for help re working machines etc; but as soon as they do they find out the staff really are very helpful n friendly!

cheers dk im not that shy so ill get all the info when/if i go down jsut trying to be prepared and get the budget sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

PeakOutput wrote:
    cheers dk im not that shy so ill get all the info when/if i go down jsut trying to be prepared and get the budget sorted

just to put u wide as well, the arena usually re-evaluates its prices in or around the middle of sept, so they might/might not change....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

For Courts in the evenings i think they are pretty much booked out every evening due to Clubs having courts and also aerobics etc going on.. basketball wise i know the basketball club do a free style session one or two afternooons w aweek well they used to anyway when i was a member and before i became lazy

Nutty wrote:
    For Courts in the evenings i think they are pretty much booked out every evening due to Clubs having courts and also aerobics etc going on.. basketball wise i know the basketball club do a free style session one or two afternooons w aweek well they used to anyway when i was a member and before i became lazy

thanks im hoping to get in practice before the trials for the bball team/teams so thats why im asking i assume it takes a few weeks for the clubs to get up and running???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

clubs open day are in week 2 i think and usually training starts the following week.. for bball be ready for early morning and late evening training sessions.. although freshers team tends to just train in the PE building

Nutty wrote:
    clubs open day are in week 2 i think and usually training starts the following week.. for bball be ready for early morning and late evening training sessions.. although freshers team tends to just train in the PE building

im not eligible for the freshers team i dont htink as i was enrolled in dit before even tho i left after two weeks

i dont expect to make the senior team although in my hayday i would off but its still something to aim for and a reason to get fit

Advertisement