Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lotto won by someone in the northside

Options
  • 29-07-2007 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭

Looks like it was a large family too.....

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhcwkfkfauau/

A large family in Cork City are believed to have scooped the €16m largest ever National Lottery jackpot in Ireland, it emerged today.

The winning ticket was bought on Friday at the Centra supermarket on Closes Road in Farranree in the north of the city

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Best of luck to them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Great to see people with a large family win the LOTTO!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

They'll be easy to spot; Just look for the McLaren Merc and Porche 911 parked outside the house with the solid gold pillars in the middle of Farranree :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

They have already left their house, probably for a bit of privacy

I don't understand why these people have to tell everyone that they won the lotto. Its not something I'd be broadcasting

It would be fairly obvious they won it. It would also be impossible to keep quiet about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

They were were partying into yesterday so when I went into work last night everyone knew who they were. Sometimes good news does travel fast.

It would be fairly obvious they won it. It would also be impossible to keep quiet about.
    it would only be obvious if they were making it obvious

it should still be fairly easy to keep your mouth shut about it unless you bought the ticket in your local shop and they knew you by name

Then again, Cork people can't hold their water when it comes to keeping something to themselves especially when money is involved

"c'mere girl, did ya hear we won de lotto on saturday night? ye're all invited to drinks & finger food down in de Cotton Ball on friday"

Lex Luthor wrote:
    it should still be fairly easy to keep your mouth shut about it unless you bought the ticket in your local shop and they knew you by name

I was assuming these were the circumstances in which they purchased the ticket. The media reported that the shop owner knew the purchaser.

Anyway, best of luck to them. :)

the shop owner must get a nice bonus for selling the ticket

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Lex Luthor wrote:
    the shop owner must get a nice bonus for selling the ticket

15K according to some paper I read...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Bloody media. Sitting camped outside their family home, waiting to ambush them when they go to pick up their win and will undoubtedly harass and stalk them for many moons to come.

Even a couple of weeks ago, reports of Dolores whats her name that won the euromillions eating sandwiches while waiting to board a flight made national news. How can picking out a few numbers on a pink slip of paper screw up someones otherwise presumably happy life so quickly? Bloody media!

For 16 0r 115 million I'd put up with them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

Lex Luthor wrote:
    it would only be obvious if they were making it obvious

would you keep working, would ya buy anything new for your self...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭angelsfire

I think it's fabulous that these poor people won!! Although I would of been happier if it were me, but I didn't, so it was nice to see it go to a deserving family.At least it wasn't a rich family getting richer!!

KJ

• Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Ya, it would have been nice if I had won myself, but i suppose if i can't at least this family looks like one that would definitely need the money & stuff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

My teams table quiz name the other night:

The National Lottery: Giving us 16m more reasons to hate norries

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

ahhhmmm.. can someone tell me how come a family of 5 children is a "large family" ?? I have 5 children and never considered it a large family. maybe because my sister has 10
    anyway I am so very glad the lotto came to cork and fair play to them they sound like right nice level headed family. advice to them. keep your friends.

It's all relative gubby.

My mum and dad had 5 kids, I would consider that a large family in recent times.

Advertisement