Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Effective ant control

Options
  • 29-07-2007 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

Moved into a ground floor apartment in December so this is the first year I've had to deal with this;
    Around the good weather in April they started to appear on the ground around our patio area, as we have double doors to this area I started a process of gel bait and spray; Obviously the last 50 odd days are not good for ant life but they have in the last 5 days appeared in the brick work, halfway up the doorframe both flying and army ants are present;

At the moment I'm considering the can of lighter fuid and a match option, the bait isnt really an option due to where they are located, I have thus far managed to keep them outside the apt.

Any body had good sucess in murdering these irritants; My little brother had a field day today during the hurling with a bottle of lynx and a lighter.....:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I use Nippon ant killer powder, you can use it anywhere pretty much as it has a pump action to squirt it into awkward spots. If you can find the source of the ants then boiling water works wonders.

Mike.

Advertisement