Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Glanza ups and downs?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

SaxoDuff wrote:
    What engine mods had the done to et 219 bhp?

go faster strips
    chrome alloys (possibly with spinners)
    underbody neon lighting
    flamer exhaust kit
    body kit
    body graphics
    sun visor with TTE written on it

:D:D:D:D

sorry I couldn't help myself :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

draffodx wrote:
    go faster strips
    chrome alloys (possibly with spinners)
    underbody neon lighting
    flamer exhaust kit
    body kit
    body graphics
    sun visor with TTE written on it

:D:D:D:D

sorry I couldn't help myself :rolleyes:

No wanker lights?!:confused:

SaxoDuff wrote:
    No wanker lights?!:confused:

oh **** yeh i forgot about the red or blue or green coloured lights.

on a proper note getting 219bhp out of a 1.3 turbo engine would probably cost a fortune and with the usual exhaust and induction mods probably required a bigger turbo fitted to the car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Dish wrote:
    haha! Depended on how hard u put ur footdown! Still love the car! Spining in 3rd gear eatin a skyline! Lovin it!!!:D

eatin a skyline (while looking like a complete scroat)

Seriously , who cares . A 200+ bhp glanza would be horrible to drive any way you look at it(way to overblown for a puny 1.3)

you will look like a scumbag

and the car itself is horrible .

Wouldnt be caught dead in one even if it put out 500bhp :rolleyes:

there is more to cars than power

draffodx wrote:
    oh **** yeh i forgot about the red or blue or green coloured lights.

on a proper note getting 219bhp out of a 1.3 turbo engine would probably cost a fortune and with the usual exhaust and induction mods probably required a bigger turbo fitted to the car

Yeah, hybrid turbo I reckon, I wont be putting mine over 180bhp anyway to be on the safe side!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

slag them all you like guys but they have amazing potential, dont go crazy looking for high hp gains, spend the money on suspension. heres a clip from youtube of a tidy (suspension wise) starlet, not my cup of tea but its got my respect ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSIf0IwdiK0&mode=related&search=

As for beating skylines with a 200bhp starlet, sssooooooo you beat a huge car with less power> you do the math. and please dont start telling me it was a GTR or anything like it.

projectgtr wrote:
    slag them all you like guys but they have amazing potential, dont go crazy looking for high hp gains, spend the money on suspension.

My first port of call will be coilovers (D2 or Tein) not sure yet, also will be adding strut braces and ARBs. I dont intend on going mental on engine mods either, fmic and full exhaust system inc. decat will do me for a while!

nice video btw:cool:

projectgtr wrote:
    slag them all you like guys but they have amazing potential, dont go crazy looking for high hp gains, spend the money on suspension. heres a clip from youtube of a tidy (suspension wise) starlet, not my cup of tea but its got my respect ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSIf0IwdiK0&mode=related&search=

As for beating skylines with a 200bhp starlet, sssooooooo you beat a huge car with less power> you do the math. and please dont start telling me it was a GTR or anything like it.

not slagging the actual car, slagging the general image of the people who drive them, which is not a misplaced image or stereotype either i have heard of 3 people in the local area that have glanza's not insured properly, drive them like knobs putting lives at risks and they are skangers.

but i have every respect for people who buy them and keep them properly, properly insuring them and respecting the power such a little car has

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dish

SaxoDuff wrote:
    What engine mods had the done to et 219 bhp?

Evo Intercooler
    Evo Turbo
    Plugs & Leads
    Looms
    New ECU
    Bits n bobs just! lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dish

C_Breeze wrote:
    eatin a skyline (while looking like a complete scroat)

Seriously , who cares . A 200+ bhp glanza would be horrible to drive any way you look at it(way to overblown for a puny 1.3)

you will look like a scumbag

and the car itself is horrible .

Wouldnt be caught dead in one even if it put out 500bhp :rolleyes:

there is more to cars than power

Its down to taste! U either hate the glanza or love it! For being able to get 219bhp outa one is unreal! Shows ho far u can go! U cna look like a scumbag in any car! The glanza is nice but it has gotten way to common in this country! Sum ppl like power sum dont! Its al ldown to taste nd interest!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 manta_400

I've a 98 106 gti for sale that's calling out to be modified... Give me a call if your interested: xxxxx
    PS. I've now got approx 25 texts wondering would i swap it for a glanza!! The answer is no BTW!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

manta_400 wrote:
    PS. I've now got approx 25 texts wondering would i swap it for a glanza!! The answer is no BTW!!

True most people who have a glanza seem to want to get rid of it. Not a good sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭AlanAhern

as a owner of one i can truely say it is the most exciting car i have owned. i dont like all this slating of the car on this forum so if you dont have anything constructive to say dont say anything at all. About my car:
    its a late 1996 in a rare blue. currently i am running 171.2 bhp on the standard turbo and with our irish crappy fuel. i am a genuine enthusiast of this car, i dont wear a baseball cap or own one for that matter!! i hate the rep this car has and it has nearly drivin me to sell up but then i drive it and it puts a smile back on my face. my spec list is long enough so i dont have time to list it out. if you want more info drop me a pm.

and for all thats interested here is my car!!

DSC00274edit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/193856.htm

Heres a 210BHP Starlet! Quickkkkkkkk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

Pro
    cheap insurance :rolleyes:

Con
    you'll look like a scumbag

AlanAhern wrote:
    and for all thats interested here is my car!!

DSC00274edit.jpg

Gorgeous car mate, and uber rare in that colour! I'm on the look out for a red one myself! How do ya find fuel economy on it? What bar boost are ya running also?

Wossack wrote:
    Pro
    cheap insurance :rolleyes:

Con
    you'll look like a scumbag

insurance isnt cheap and what about all the scumbags driving bmw's. you can look like a scumbag in any car if you are a scumbag.

SaxoDuff wrote:
    Gorgeous car mate, and uber rare in that colour! I'm on the look out for a red one myself! How do ya find fuel economy on it? What bar boost are ya running also?

Thanks, the only one in Ireland with that colour, FACT!!! Red are nice man, hold there value very well compared to the rest. Fuel ecomomy is brilliant, i get 600km out of a tank but i mostly drive on motorways. If i push here hard it drops to 500km and sometimes less. i am running 0.85 BAR daily but she can handle 1 BAR. it takes a lot of effort and money to get it to that though. fueling and cooling are the main ones.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/193856.htm

Heres a 210BHP Starlet! Quickkkkkkkk.

i love the toms kit on the GT. it is perfectly made for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

OKenora wrote:
    Not being smart now, but you have as much (or more likely a better) chance of finding info about a Glanza in some boyracer forum. As it is not a modified it will probably feature pretty low on modified car owners lists of wants.
    Boy racer or "modfied cars", what's the difference?

Quint wrote:

Not another one!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Quint wrote:

Quint dont bother commenting if your contribution is going to be a comment like that

AlanAhern wrote:
    Thanks, the only one in Ireland with that colour, FACT!!! Red are nice man, hold there value very well compared to the rest. Fuel ecomomy is brilliant, i get 600km out of a tank but i mostly drive on motorways. If i push here hard it drops to 500km and sometimes less. i am running 0.85 BAR daily but she can handle 1 BAR. it takes a lot of effort and money to get it to that though. fueling and cooling are the main ones.

I seen one that colour in the autotrader in some jap car garage in dublin for sale!!:p I've bought a few things for my car (when i get it) already..I plan on running .7 bar boost with th FPR set to just under 3. 600km out of a tank is fantastic i was expecting like 450 or so!! Cant wait to get mine now!!:D
    Are you on toyotagtturbo.com btw? cus i seen a car the same colour as yours on it and the fella who owned it was from dublin i think..

ando wrote:
    Quint dont bother commenting if your contribution is going to be a comment like that

Thanks ando, its an intimidating forum as it is with most people having narrow minded views like him.

SaxoDuff wrote:
    I seen one that colour in the autotrader in some jap car garage in dublin for sale!!:p I've bought a few things for my car (when i get it) already..I plan on running .7 bar boost with th FPR set to just under 3. 600km out of a tank is fantastic i was expecting like 450 or so!! Cant wait to get mine now!!:D
    Are you on toyotagtturbo.com btw? cus i seen a car the same colour as yours on it and the fella who owned it was from dublin i think..

not the same colour as mine, mine is a custom spray job! you can get them in blue allright but its a lighter blue. 0.7 bar is just a little over standard boost so you wont need a rrfpr to support it, the standard ecu will be fine. my advice when you get it is to remove the boost restricter in 1st and 2nd, get a hks actuator, fmic, manifold, decat, exhaust system, fcd, rrfpr and tune it on a rr to hold a bar. Most importantly upgrade your brakes and suspension too. Also my 600km is mostly from motorway miles. when i first got it i spend 80 euro in petrol in the first week now i spend 40, that 40 takes me from waterford to galway, around galway for the week and back to waterford again for the weekend. And yes i am on toyotagtturbo.com.

AlanAhern wrote:
    not the same colour as mine, mine is a custom spray job! you can get them in blue allright but its a lighter blue. 0.7 bar is just a little over standard boost so you wont need a rrfpr to support it, the standard ecu will be fine. my advice when you get it is to remove the boost restricter in 1st and 2nd, get a hks actuator, fmic, manifold, decat, exhaust system, fcd, rrfpr and tune it on a rr to hold a bar. Most importantly upgrade your brakes and suspension too. Also my 600km is mostly from motorway miles. when i first got it i spend 80 euro in petrol in the first week now i spend 40, that 40 takes me from waterford to galway, around galway for the week and back to waterford again for the weekend. And yes i am on toyotagtturbo.com.

I've bought tein coilovers aswell!! spent €1200 so far and havent even got the car yet!! I'll be using mine to get me from dundalk to sligo every week, i wont be ''cruising'' too much so ill probably only be putting 50 quid a week into it..Thanks for the tuning info too!

SaxoDuff wrote:
    I've bought tein coilovers aswell!! spent €1200 so far and havent even got the car yet!! I'll be using mine to get me from dundalk to sligo every week, i wont be ''cruising'' too much so ill probably only be putting 50 quid a week into it..Thanks for the tuning info too!

Why oh why would you want to make a poor handling car worse by fitting those.

ronoc wrote:
    Why oh why would you want to make a poor handling car worse by fitting those.

What are you talking about?? The coilovers I bought are height and damper adjustable. I'll have it down about 60mm on 15'' wheels so it'll handle like a kart on rails.;)

• Advertisement

SaxoDuff wrote:
    What are you talking about?? The coilovers I bought are height and damper adjustable. I'll have it down about 60mm on 15'' wheels so it'll handle like a kart on rails.;)

Thats all well and good on nice new roads. In this country on poor roads you are going end up with a car that can't handle bumps and varying road surfaces as well as OEM.

Advertisement