Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco get go ahead in Callan

Options
  • 29-07-2007 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭

Tesco have finally been given planning permission for a new store in Callan.
    Shoppers have been voting with their feet anyhow so we might as well have a Tesco here in my opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Is it a small Tesco to cater for the smaller population and are they still trying for a Kilkenny city outlet,or are they expecting people to travel from the city?
    Is there a petrol station aswell? #
    Anyone know?

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

mfitzy wrote:
    Tesco have finally been given planning permission for a new store in Callan.
    Shoppers have been voting with their feet anyhow so we might as well have a Tesco here in my opinion.

Not quite, there has only been an amendment to the County Development Plan to allow them apply for permission, they still have to jump through the usual hoops

Full details here:-> http://www.kilkennyadvertiser.ie/index.php?aid=6789

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Spocker wrote:
    Not quite, there has only been an amendment to the County Development Plan to allow them apply for permission, they still have to jump through the usual hoops

Full details here:-> http://www.kilkennyadvertiser.ie/index.php?aid=6789

My mistake, was just going to edit it. They should get planning thugh in the normal way. Fair play to that councillor Matt Doran (FF) sounds very progressive for promoting this. Not the usual knock everything KK council attidude, very refreshing.

I would imagine it'll be something like the Tesco in New Ross, mightn't have the petrol station element though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Supervalue in Callan will be very upset now :)

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

There a rumour doing the rounds that Dunnes Stores have bought Super Valu, not sure how true it is though....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

Spocker wrote:
    There a rumour doing the rounds that Dunnes Stores have bought Super Valu, not sure how true it is though....

Gulp! Imperial theme goin through my head.....F***in hate dunnes!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

djpaul wrote:
    F***in hate dunnes!:mad:

Haha! Me too!

Advertisement