Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom are the worst EVER for broadband!!!

Options
  • 29-07-2007 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hopefully someone can help me out with this. I live in Ferbane in Offaly, Ferbane is in the exchange area to receive broadband. Practically all my neighbours are with eircom broadband except from me. Im still using dail-up for the past ten years!:mad: I ordered eircoms broadband back in April, received an email from them a week before i got my router saying that i can't get broadband. The broadband wouldn't work so i contacted them and they told me that they cancelled the broadband!:mad: What the god dam hell is there story? I may as well be living in the stone age!:eek: Its driving me mad!:mad:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

louis1976 wrote:
    Hopefully someone can help me out with this. I live in Ferbane in Offaly, Ferbane is in the exchange area to receive broadband. Practically all my neighbours are with eircom broadband except from me. Im still using dail-up for the past ten years!:mad: I ordered eircoms broadband back in April, received an email from them a week before i got my router saying that i can't get broadband. The broadband wouldn't work so i contacted them and they told me that they cancelled the broadband!:mad: What the god dam hell is there story? I may as well be living in the stone age!:eek: Its driving me mad!:mad:

In spite of its heading your post is about the problem of actually getting broadband rather than anything to do with the quality of Eircom's broadband.

Now having clarified that have you attempted in any way to find out why you are not passing the line test?

Did you check your line suitability for bb before you ordered bb from Eircom?

If so what did it say? Have you attempted to clarify with Eircom why your line does not quality for bb?

When you say your neighbours are you living in an estate close to other houses or do you mean people not too far from you up the road so to speak?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 louis1976

I added in my land line number on there site before i ordered the broadband and it said that my line is suitiable for broadband. The housing estate that i live in is where my neighbours have eircoms broadband. Is it that theres something wrong with the phone line as to why i can't get it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,288 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

louis1976 wrote:
    I added in my land line number on there site before i ordered the broadband and it said that my line is suitiable for broadband. The housing estate that i live in is where my neighbours have eircoms broadband. Is it that theres something wrong with the phone line as to why i can't get it?

Possibly
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055127537

Or maybe just your line is too far, or particularly noisy.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

louis1976 wrote:
    I added in my land line number on there site before i ordered the broadband and it said that my line is suitiable for broadband. The housing estate that i live in is where my neighbours have eircoms broadband.
    Is it that theres something wrong with the phone line as to why i can't get it?

Nobody on boards can tell you why you cannot get broadband the only ones who can tell you that are Eircom. It is very unusual for a line to pass the test and then be found not capable.

Have you actually asked Eircom why your line will not take broadband?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

Hi,
    As I said yesterday on a different thread.

Hi,
    Don't know if this has been covered before but might help some people who can't get broadband.I moved in to my house 3 years ago and have been trying to get broadband since then. I live about 3Km from the local exchange I could not get broadband as I was on a carrier (i.e. I shared a phone line with 3 other houses) as there is not enough dedicated lines coming out to my area. I came up with an idea one night that as my neighbour was not using his dedicated line(for broadband) I could swap my line with him. I then met a guy who works in the local exchange and he said I didn't need to ask my neighbour as eircomes new policy is "use it or lose it". He got his buddies to swap over the line and I was able to order broadband. I ordered with Eircom as I kind of feel obilged to the eircom guy and I've been told be lots of eircom technicians that if your not with eircom and your line goes faulty you are not a priority. So my advice to anyone who is on a carrier or has a crap line that fails , find out if your neighbour is not on broadband then and if their line is suitable ask an eircom person to swap your line with your neighbour.
    Pajoe

• Advertisement
Advertisement