Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whale Watch

Options
  • 29-07-2007 6:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭

If you've got nothing planned for the bank holiday weekend, this might tickle your fancy.......

http://www.iwdg.ie/article.asp?id=1829

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There's an airshow on at Bray (one of the venues) that day. Possibly not the best day to do it, I'd imagine the noise might frighten anything away, not that you usually see that much there anyway even on a peaceful day, maybe the odd porpoise if you're lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

Will there be any whales to see from Black Head in Clare, it's one of the locations, I've never heard any reports of whale sightings around there, would I be better off heading south to Loop Head?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

give them (iwdg) a bell and they'll tell ya.

went to loop head, did'nt see any whales, but plenty of gannets.

No whales ah well sure I suppose that would have been too good to be true, was there someone there supplying information? do whales pass by often?

• Advertisement

No whales ah well sure I suppose that would have been too good to be true, was there someone there supplying information? do whales pass by often?

no whales but dolphins and a basking shark were spotted at loop head on the day, but i didn't see them - they were long gone when i arrived:(

cool, I suppose you'd want to have eyes like a hawk to spot them.

Advertisement