Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Former World Champ" To Debut In TNA On Monday

• 29-07-2007 6:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

TNA sent out some text alerts saying that a former world champion will be making their debut at the Impact tapings on Monday. This really could turn out to be a non-story and it could be Ricky Banderas, the only WSX champion, who debuts. But he's been known about for weeks, so I think it would be stupid for them to hype it up like this. But it is TNA, so you never know

Other possibilities might be Big Show, RVD or Sid Vicious. All very unlikely right now I think. Might turn out to be Tanahashi, Mutoh or Xavier. I dunno, it might end up being kinda surprising or just a non-story like I said, but I thought it was worth throwing out for anyone interested

EDIT: Can't be Tanahashi cos he wrestled on ppv for them before. Probably Hogan or Lesnar so

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Renee Dupree was one half of the tag team champs. Could be him!I doubt it but if it was somebody very prominent, it would make sense for them to build their debut up over a few weeks rather than just throw it on tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Renee Dupree was one half of the tag team champs. Could be him!I doubt it but if it was somebody very prominent, it would make sense for them to build their debut up over a few weeks rather than just throw it on tv.

Key words being "it would make sense". It's almost a cliche with TNA now, but when do they ever make sense?! It's either Ricky Banderas or someone huge! Jericho probably. Or Ultimate Warrior

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

After watching Impact from two weeks ago Tenay said a former world champ with return to TNA soon. I don't know if this is the same thing or not, must be. If thats right, it's probably Sabu.

I'm keeping my expectations down anyway so if it turns out to be someone good it will be a nice surprise.

Sabu's 90 day non-compete clause wouldn't be up for about two more weeks I think. Maybe the show won't air for two weeks though. Might be Russo or Arquette!

Speaking of TNA signings, from the observer site:
    Adam "Pacman" Jones has either signed or is expected to sign a short-term deal with TNA according to Hope Hines of the WTVF, Ch. 5, news in Nashville.

Hines said the signing was supposed to be kept secret until Jeff Jarrett returned on Tuesday from an international trip.

We have independently confirmed that this story is correct.

Jones was suspended by the NFL for his link to a Las Vegas shooting at a strip club over the NBA All-Star weekend that left former 1980s AWA pro wrestler Tom Urbanski, who was managing the club, paralyzed from the waist down.

The negotiations with Jones are obviously an attempt for TNA to get mainstream publicity, even if the publicity won't be good, for the company. The timing of it, with pro wrestling's public image at an all-time low, will only reinforce the current reputation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

As a former student of West Virginia University when Pac-man was playing for the Mountaineers, TNA's signing of him has got my interest big time! Ok it will prob suck but it will get me watching TNA which is something I rarely do. On a related not, when I was there I remember ppl telling me about how he trashed a pool hall once and WVU did nothing because he was one of the stars of the football team... Well look where that attitude led him!

Bit of a stupid move by TNA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Id say this mystery champ is gonna be David Arquette lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I've read that TNA have been linked to signnig Brian Christopher, Rikishi and Test. When are they gonna learn?

And apparently the USA Network want WWE to sign Sable, Chyna and other people from the Attitude era. I'm sure TNA will be looking to sign them up before WWE get their hands on them...

• Advertisement

I don't think he was ever a world champ, but
    Test debuted in TNA tonight... I'm sure he'll have his legions of loyal fans tuning into TNA every week now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Fozzy wrote:
    I don't think he was ever a world champ, but
    Test debuted in TNA tonight... I'm sure he'll have his legions of loyal fans tuning into TNA every week now

sarcasm i presume.

:D

This signing is an anti-climax to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

They already have too many on the roster for their 1hr, without stinking up the place with more WWE rejects and turning the fans against them.

Yup, that's the only person who debuted, apart from Matt Morgan being Cornette's bodyguard apparently

From todays observer update:
    --Jimmy Hart, who never publicly says anything negative about anyone, ripped into TNA for signing Pacman Jones in the Orlando Sentinel this morning. "Are you freakin' kidding me? Oh, my. It's over. Not Pacman Jones. They're desperate man. They've lost their minds. After what's happened to Vince (recent media pub) and stuff, why?

Last nights TNA with Pacman Jones inclusion and the publicity that surrounded him drew a .99. Basically he added no viewers going by this first rating.

Also from the observer:
    The Tennessee Titans obtained a restraining order today to prevent Adam "Pacman" Jones from participating in Sunday's TNA PPV event in Orlando.

It's a confusing situation as the Titans believed Jones would be wrestling on Sunday. There was a plan for an incident or angle to take place on Sunday's show to lead to a match down the road, but he was not to appear in a match.

The Titans released a statement this afternoon saying:

Today we filed a motion in Williamson County asking for a court order preventing Jones from participating in any wrestling activity. All NFL players have language in their contracts that prohibit them from engaging in activities which may involve a significant risk of personal injury. We certainly believe wrestling to be hazardous and it is obvious from the player's conduct that he is ignoring this aspect of his agreements with the club. As an organization, we feel it is our obligation to protect our rights in this instance.

It just gets more pointless

The craziness continues
    www.f4wonline.com : As a result of a last-minute court decision made at 10:00 AM this morning, Pacman Jones can attend Sunday's TNA PPV as billed. However, he won't be allowed to wrestle (which wasn't the plan for Sunday anyway), nor will anyone be allowed to lay even a finger on him (including "shoving matches") or vice versa. More on the story is here.

The plan seemed to be that he would wrestle in a tag team, I suppose there's nothing left for him to do now other than manage a face wrestler or something like that. This is wrestling karma biting TNA in the ass

Advertisement