Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sensitive ears - nice earrings?

Options
  • 29-07-2007 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

I've started to recently get sensitive to cheapy earrings. The problem is I like colourful, funky jewellery. Basically I need to find some colourful studs for my higher piercings and funky bigger earrings for the bottom ones. Anybody know anywhere that would cater to something like this on a student budget?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lovesclothes

You could try rebeccadavis.com its got lots of funky jewellery, good luck with search

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

http://www.wildcat.co.uk/shop/

You can get Celestial Ring to order any of that stuff in for you

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭McFearless

try ebay,you can get almost everything there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

My ears have been behaving themselves quite well lately despite the cheap jewellery. Going to order a few Wildcat things though. Damn you Gar! Saw a good few things I want from there now even though it wasn't what I needed. Loving some of the Blackline things. If anyone finds nice studs that AREN'T plain and are kind to ears please let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

blackline is really good, i love the colour of black stainless jewellery.
    have a peek around the shops in dublin city centre, celestial are the cheapest and have a good selection

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Bodyartforms.com is my favourite jewellery site. The prices are pretty good and they look after their loyal customers by giving them discounts and free stuff. Quicker than Wildcat too, I've found.

Yea, gonna get a Blackline barbell with turquoise diamante for my conch piercing. Maybe a matching clippy ring thingy for my top cartilage piercing. Getting so bored at having had the same ones for ages. Also how do you get one of those clip in ball ones in? I've only had a piercer put mine in. I tried once unsuccessfully to close one myself but that just resulted in failure. What's the trick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

unfortunately theres no easy way, just gotta practice :(

Boo erns! Next time I'll make sure to practice somewhere other than at the sink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I ended up investing in ring opening and ring closing pliers- though before I used needle nosed ones to loosen the balls juuuuuust enough so they pop in and out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

heh, i had to take my lip ring out for a 'new' job a few weeks ago, the client had been a bit moody, and had already gotten rid of one carer, so we were goin in ultra conservative...

it took me about 10 days of trying every morning and night (and many afternoons) to get my lip ring back in, but in the end just went into celestial ring with an apologetic face, and asked them to do it for me... :rolleyes:

Advertisement