Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Ballz - Post Mortem.

• 29-07-2007 8:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭

Magical? Woeful? Skeet skeet skeet skeet?

I loved it, but it's been more than a year since my last GalwayLAN, so it could just be missing it or somesuch. None the less, only fault I saw with it was that Syxpak seemed annoyed that he didn't get to play alot of games, other than that everyone seemed fairly damn umm...happy..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

John NEVER gets to play games :( I find that sad.

Was only there for a few hours on the Sunday but I enjoyed beating quetzal at a game i'd never played. FUN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 WiredMan

Yeah, only a few hours in myself.

Still at least I learnt that you're all inferior gamers to me... :eek:

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Fobia wrote:
    Magical? Woeful? Skeet skeet skeet skeet?

I loved it, but it's been more than a year since my last GalwayLAN, so it could just be missing it or somesuch. None the less, only fault I saw with it was that Syxpak seemed annoyed that he didn't get to play alot of games, other than that everyone seemed fairly damn umm...happy..

I know I don't get to play games. That's what lan organisers do.

I was pissed that my machine started acting wierd as soon as I was free to sit down to a game of BF2 after me fitting new HSFs and a cpu at 2am thursday with no problems, having about 18hours sleep between wednesday morning and sunday night, having to run back and forth between the anno and home (family commitments), and it being very hard to keep everyone together long enough to get a big game going.

The WCG comps were fun, mucho thanks to Drag, Keysersoze and Jamie for bringing the 360s and telly.

Never mind wierd issues.

Glad ye enjoyed it, and thanks for coming. GalwayLAN XXII will be oldskool.

We're dicussing (I'm suggesting) altering the lan a bit for the next one, as (job willing) I'll be in living in Dublin after september along with Asok and DooDee. This means that, aside from booking time off work to come down friday morning, we'll only be arriving in Galway at 10pm on a Friday, and will need to setup the lan and get some sleep. Both of which require no distractions from folk.
    So in future, the doors to the lan will open on saturday morning (early) and we'll have (again) have a schedule of games to be played. If you arrive on the friday, your kit will remain in your hands as there'll be nowhere to put it.

Thar be pix here..

Mark, any progress on getting the Wired event(s) up on Lanparty.ie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

SyxPak wrote:
    So in future, the doors to the lan will open on saturday morning (early) and we'll have (again) have a schedule of games to be played. If you arrive on the friday, your kit will remain in your hands as there'll be nowhere to put it.

Could just get others to set up the basic lan on the friday, and then the admins can set up the servers etc on the Saturday? Seems a waste to cut a whole night out when there's lots of us who have enough technical skill to move chairs/tables and plug in wires!
    SyxPak wrote:
    Thar be pix here..

It should be noted that I don't even drink lucozade..

SyxPak wrote:
    Mark, any progress on getting the Wired event(s) up on Lanparty.ie?

Yeah the Saturday is up there now.

Are you involved in that site Syx?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

SyxPak wrote:
    The WCG comps were fun, mucho thanks to Drag, Keysersoze and Jamie for bringing the 360s and telly.

No problem dude, anytime. The funniest was when myself and Jamie were playing COD2 on them.......everyone was like ZOMG, WTF teh newbs @? :p
    SyxPak wrote:
    GalwayLAN XXII will be oldskool.

How long before I'm considered oldskool? :D
    SyxPak wrote:
    We're dicussing (I'm suggesting) altering the lan a bit for the next one, as (job willing) I'll be in living in Dublin after september along with Asok and DooDee. This means that, aside from booking time off work to come down friday morning, we'll only be arriving in Galway at 10pm on a Friday, and will need to setup the lan and get some sleep. Both of which require no distractions from folk.

Yeah I think that's a good idea. Even if we had of stayed up on the Saturday we'd of been in bed early as we were FUBAR'd from Friday's travelling and then no sleep that night!!

I'll defo be booking a room at the next one so my kit will be safe in there on the Friday night, provided the LAN whore doesn't bring back any husky birds that is!!!! Probably best to leave the Friday for organisation of the venue and then a few drinks in the hotel when it's all done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Kenny 5 wrote:
    How long before I'm considered oldskool? :D

When this kind of thing stops:
    Kenny 5 wrote:
    Even if we had of stayed up on the Saturday we'd of been in bed early as we were FUBAR'd from Friday's travelling and then no sleep that night!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

:( Soz!!!! Promise to stay up next time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭sgtdiesalot

WiredMan wrote:
    Yeah, only a few hours in myself.

Still at least I learnt that you're all inferior gamers to me... :eek:

:cool:

well we have to see about that one on the 1st mark, game of bf2 called for (i'm rusty haven't had that much time to play so might be fair)

well we have to see about that one on the 1st mark, game of bf2 called for (i'm rusty haven't had that much time to play so might be fair)

Oh god... what have I done.

I don't suppose we could just play CoD2 or something? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Quetz you fall asleep on your keyboard so stop picking on the poor guy :D

Advertisement