Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cheap way to scrap/get rid of car

Options
  • 29-07-2007 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I have a 98 punto which has been sitting in the drive for 1.5 years. Mechanic says it's not worth doing up, due to dent in one side panel, some rust and a bit of engine trouble. (it doesn't drive anymore :mad: - been sitting in drive too long).

What's the best way to get rid of it? I heard that the council will pick them up, but can't find any info on the internet. Do scrap yards pick up? Do you have to pay them or does it depend on the car quality?

Help please!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

try www.jumbletown.ie

it will be gone by tomorrow night!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If you do give it away, complete the change of ownership form to be sure that any fines/offences a future owner may incur won't come back and bite you in the ass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Scrapman may charge you for removal, council will charge you €50. My local scrapper will colllect and remove for free if it is still going otherwise €40 for collection. As said be sure you get the ownership changed properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Rockson

Where do you get these change of ownership forms, guys? Also, does anyone have the name of any scrapper in north Dublin that pick them up for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭UrbanFox

Rockson wrote:
    Where do you get these change of ownership forms, guys? Also, does anyone have the name of any scrapper in north Dublin that pick them up for free?

I think that the form you need is something like an RF200 or the like. Go to Dublin City Council's website. You can download most of the standard forms from there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Rockson

UrbanFox wrote:
    I think that the form you need is something like an RF200 or the like. Go to Dublin City Council's website. You can download most of the standard forms from there.

Thanks, I'll go have a look there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

walsheek wrote:
    I heard that the council will pick them up, but can't find any info on the internet.

Here's the link to the council's service.

You have to mail them a completed form, and the logbook to prove you're the owner. They'll then send you back a certificate, proving you had it destroyed/taken away.

If that link is up-to-date, then the charge is only €30

http://www.dublincity.ie/living_in_the_city/your_home/waste_services/abandoned_vehicle_service.asp

Advertisement