Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paint Runner - As Seen On TV

Options
  • 29-07-2007 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Hello all...

Just wanted to recommend a product to people...

http://www.selkin.co.uk/site/site/home/home.asp?c=0&t=p&i=125

This product was advertised on TV a few months ago and i liked the look of it so i bought one. Ive only just got round to using it yesterday and i found it to be excellent. You fill the paint into the roller and paint away, simple as that. There is almost zero splashback from the roller when compared to ordinary rollers that you dip into a tray, there wasnt a speck of paint splatter on my hands after using it for about 3 hours...

It has a big roller which is absolutely wicked and the smaller "Edger" which is OK but a little bit messy. Perhaps best used where you are only painting one edge of a wall, as in, against a door frame. Doing two edges that meet eachother is a bit messy, personally i think its because the material on the roller is a bit thin, but different folk might think otherwise. The main roller is very impressive though, no doubt. Ive just noticed you can buy replacement rollers too which is good to know... Theres loads of them available on eBay too.

Also its important to mention that when you start painting with it you can see a gap in the painting where the seam on the roller is, dont worry about this, once you keep painting and give the area a couple of rolls you cant even see it, so its not an issue even though it initially looks ominous...

Its a wee bit heavy when full (it holds a litre of paint) but you dont have to fill it totally i suppose. Cleans easily too, just flush it with water for a while...

So there ya go, i recommend it, very handy, no messy trays, lovely painted surface!

Enjoy, any questions, fire ahead!

Paint Head

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,166 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moved to DIY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Thanks Muffler i realised it was in the wrong place after i posted it.

Head

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭SteM

Cheers Head. Was looking at one of these types of things recently as we're about to start a lot of painting but I was a bit dubious about it. Glad to hear first hand that someone had a good experience with one.

Yeah i just been in admiring my handywork again today. Might be a career in it for me if im not careful... :p

Head

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Head wrote:
    Yeah i just been in admiring my handywork again today. Might be a career in it for me if im not careful... :p

Head

Where did you buy it Head ? i have seen some on ebay.

• Advertisement

I bought it from the website in the first post as far as i can remember. However, strangely for me i cant find a receipt for it in my Emails, so maybe it was elsewhere. In any case it wasnt eBay and it definitely came from the UK...

Receipt Head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lynn penny

could you please tell me where you bought the paint runner was it in ireland if so where thanks a mill

Head wrote:
    I bought it from the website in the first post as far as i can remember. However, strangely for me i cant find a receipt for it in my Emails, so maybe it was elsewhere. In any case it wasnt eBay and it definitely came from the UK...

Receipt Head

Perhaps you didnt see that reply...

Head

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭mikemike

hi head , did you have to water the paint down at all ? if so at what ratio ?

I've having problems getting the paint to flow .

thanks

mikemike wrote: »
    hi head , did you have to water the paint down at all ? if so at what ratio ?

I've having problems getting the paint to flow .

thanks

It's a looooong time since I used it so I can't remember with exact clarity, but as far as I remember I definitely did water it down. I'm not sure about what the ratio was though, sorry about that. Is there not a suggested ratio in the instructions, or a jug which shows a water line and a paint line? I really think there was a jug involved?

Sometimes you have to "charge" it up as such to get the paint to flow. By charge I mean roll it like mad on a piece of cardboard or paper until the paint comes through, but I'm gonna assume that you have done that so it probably is down to the paint needing to be watered down...

I've just done a bit of searching and found this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055467305

In the first post it has some information about the paint ratio but don't expect to read much positive stuff about the product as it's being slated a lot in the thread. Personally I found it great, but there you go!

Hope this helps.

Head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭porte

Ok dont get me started this product is the biggest heap of ****e i have ever bought.
    The guy on the tv made it look the best thing since sliced bread
    i kid you knot i used it for 1hour max and out the window it went, literally.
    The instructions said the paint might be to thick so add a few drops of water
    it looked like a patch work quilt so 4 tins later "a leading brand" i got the job done you cant beat the good old fashioned roller and tray.
    Anyway the problem i had was the material on the roller started to bobble and i was forever picking bits off the wall.
    the edger, didnt even use this.
    So i would say to you all keep your money in your pockets and invest in a good roller/tray kit you will get one of these for a fraction of the price and you have total control.

Advertisement