Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza Hut

Options
  • 29-07-2007 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Im living in Dublin these days but still cant wait to get back to Carlow and have a Pizza Hut!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

The big open day is tomorrow.. can't wait!! Its far too close to where I work and I can see myself getting seriously fat in the next few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

there's plenty of pizza huts in dublin, i can think of three off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

yeah but they're not in Carlow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Well hopefully it won't turn out like the KFC, god that place is manky.

mmmmmmm...2 hour all you can eat buffet.....droooool!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

I could have done with it two years ago. Would've been nice to have a bit of dietary variation other than Abra Kebabra and KFC! They were the brunch choices when I worked in a hotel. :rolleyes: (Mount Wolsely in Tullow)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Pizza Hut had a sign in the window last night that read: "Out of Food"!!!

Scraggs wrote:
    yeah but they're not in Carlow!
    oops i read the OP wrong, thought he meant there were no pizza hut's in dublin. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Get it right Cremo!

Theres just some sort of novelty to it being in Carlow

true that, suppose it would be like having a tractor sales showroom in Dublin city centre :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Do they deliver? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

It was Jammers there last night , passed by on the way to Byrnes and there was one woman coming out with 5 medium sized pizza boxes!!!

Cant wait for the novelty to wear of then I might actually go in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I was in there and it was a disaster. The staff member that showed us to our seats was surly to put it mildly. He didnt smile or even make eye contact. My boyfriend was given the wrong pizza base, after waiting almost 25 mins to be served then we were shortchanged when we paid. I had tried going to Pizza Hut the night prior only to be told by Mr. Surly that the restaurant closes at 9 so we couldnt get in. However when I was eating in there, they were still allowing people in at 20 past 9. I overheard someone asking the very same Mr. Surly, what time they close, he said 9:30.

All in all, its the same great food, but crappy staff. Not that they're all crap, our waitress was very nice, but we certainly wont be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Are the staff Irish or "imports"?

I've had very mixed experiences with waiting staff in and around Carlow and I've probably been in most of the restaurants at least once at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tombillyjack

Been to Pizza Hut in Carlow twice since it opened what a disaster both times, the staff havn't a clue whats going on! First time it was extremely busy we waited half an hour to be seated, service was passable!
    The second time it was very quiet, our waitress was a blonde foriegner who was more interested in fixing her hair and looking around then in the order she was taking, so as you can imagine got the whole thing messed up, we brought it to her attention 3 or 4 times and she just shrugged her shoulders and muttered something but never rectified her mistake.
    There doesn't seem to be any managerial structure to the place at all -
    All in all a terrible experience - which is a pity

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

Was in pizza Hut last weekend. What a disaster! Staff have no idea what there at! Now in fairness I know its only open but the simple things werent even happeninglike smiling and thank you and heres your proper change! Plus the pizzas I orderded were crap. Dominos next time for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Did anybody who had a negative experience report it to management? If complaints aren't followed through with nothing will happen. If management know they should at least try to rectify the problems. If the franchise owners or Pizza Hut top brass find out about how bad it is it won't be long changing I can assure you.

It's the typical Irish thing, putting up with shoddy service and expecting it to miraculously change itself.

There was no management about. And to be honest, I didnt report anything as I decided to vote with my feet and not return. I have told all my workmates here in Kilkenny too, and none of them will be going there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

the same guy who owns kfc owns pizza hut in carlow, and sumwhere else but can't remember just now
    edit its costa he owns too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I was in there for a take away, waited about ten -fifteen minutes.. they got one thing in the order wrong, and we only realised as we were going out the door that we didn't get the drink or dips, but the staff were all grand. The restaraunt was absolutely packed and I didn't see any of the staff standing still or doing anything except work

go back in a months time, it will have improved.. just snowed under atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tombillyjack

I asked to see the Manager on both occasions I was there, waited 15 minutes the first time and no one appeared - the second time I asked the waitress and she turned and asked another waitress who was the manager! No one seemed to know who the manager was so I left again! But I have put pen to paper maybe one of them has been promoted by now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

But there's a very handsome long-haired waiter in there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭lynch_3001

i was in there when it opened first thing in the morning a few days ago. pizza was alright, took em alot of time to get together, then when it came to paying, they didnt seem tobe interested in paying, me and my friend had half a mind to walk and not pay and seewhat they say.

i dont i saw a manager on the floor i think thats the problem. they need to be interested in to fix those problems to make money.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yeah, that long-haired waiter is a real fox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

*cough!* bill *cough!*

Went in there today to see if anything had improved. It wasnt a good sign when I saw a sizable queue of people waiting to be seated. We waited almost 15 mins and still hadnt been seated, and the staff showed no interest in apologising or even telling us how long the wait would be, so we walked out. The place is appalling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Raz0rblade

all the staff in pizza hut have never worked in a restaurant before, they only had a week's training, food is fantastic, try the cheesy bites. Give the staff some time and they will do well. heard there looking for a beer licensce...mmmm pizza n beer...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Nightwish wrote: »
    I was in there and it was a disaster. The staff member that showed us to our seats was surly to put it mildly. He didnt smile or even make eye contact. My boyfriend was given the wrong pizza base, after waiting almost 25 mins to be served then we were shortchanged when we paid. I had tried going to Pizza Hut the night prior only to be told by Mr. Surly that the restaurant closes at 9 so we couldnt get in. However when I was eating in there, they were still allowing people in at 20 past 9. I overheard someone asking the very same Mr. Surly, what time they close, he said 9:30.

All in all, its the same great food, but crappy staff. Not that they're all crap, our waitress was very nice, but we certainly wont be back.

My experience on more than one occassion was totally different, I had a great time. food and staff were fantastic, the strange thing was that at another table was a girl I knew and she said she had a horrible time ...
    ????

go figure..

staff were not Irish..

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

Just want to say what a complete and utter disgrace this place is:mad:, I was in there on Thursday evening well when I say in there I mean as far as the door. looking around the place all I could do was laugh, there were about four possible five small groups, most of the tables were empty, but every single empty table had plates and boxes and dirt all over them. From what i saw there were three waiters running around (doing nothing) and I saw a few more in the kitchen. After 10 minutes of standing at the door we had to leave, nobody came near us to tell us how long, complete and utter joke the manager deserves to be shot and staff need to be trained, three waiters to serve four or five tables, come on....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I had a great experience in there today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

was in there once got chicken on my pizza, didnt see it anywhere asked the waiter where it was, he poked my pizza with his pen and goes theres a piece:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement