Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watermark challenge

Options
  • 29-07-2007 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've read that watermarks are completely useless and can be taken off by anyone with a bit of skill. I was just wondering how true this is. There are a lot of talented people on here so if you think you can, try to remove this watermark completely from the picture, if you can, is there any way to make watermarks harder to edit out?
    http://www.brayweather.com/images/watermark.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Dr.Louis

Hey, just had a very quick go at this- if I had more time i would have been a bit neater!

Here's my attempt anyway-

watermark5.jpg

The only way to make them harder to remove (as far as I know), is to put them across the most detailed part of a photo (like a face etc...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Challenge accepted.

Some bits I could still improve, but can't be arsed anymore, takes way too long.

And yeah, certain types of pictures are more difficult to do than others... if there was a persons face beneath that watermark they'd end up looking stupid (unless you want to spend an extreme amount of time on it)... in this case there's not a huge amount of detail missing, so some cloning and smudging is enough to pass it off IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Thanks, they are pretty useless then.
    Challenge accepted.

Some bits I could still improve, but can't be arsed anymore, takes way too long.

And yeah, certain types of pictures are more difficult to do than others... if there was a persons face beneath that watermark they'd end up looking stupid (unless you want to spend an extreme amount of time on it)... in this case there's not a huge amount of detail missing, so some cloning and smudging is enough to pass it off IMO.
    You didn't just remove the waterark, you made it a half-decent picture too:D :D

Advertisement