Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoying Comedians

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Brendan O Carroll is the most unfunniest ever, sure cursing like a docker all the time won't that make it hilarious ~ gob****e

All women comediennes are crap epecially Deirdre O Kane, and that maeve from cork wan. Good call on that, people.

Dermot Morgan is however a total legend. Sadly missed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

well here's my twopence worth.....

The one's i like......Billy Connolly, Harry Hill, Al Murray, Steve Coogan, Apres Match, Bill Bailey

The one's i don't like......Jimeoin, Ed Byrne, Eddie Izzard, Dara O'Brein, and hyper yank comedians..Jim Carey, Robin Williams, Steve Martin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Mordeth wrote:
    Sarah Silverman is pretty good though, she's not incredibly funny.. but she is dirty, and hot.

]

Never saw her stuff but id rattle the arse off it :) Read some quotes though, maybe she tells them better but it seemed pretty bad. re female comedians, I saw one once, fine as hell, used a complete filthbag of a monkey as part of her act :D Someone has her in their Comedy Forum sig I think. It was pretty funny IIRC, but most of them seem awful, its period jokes, man jokes and impressions of their own relatives that are probably hilarious to.....their own relatives, but are pointless on the rest of us.

Ive always found Tommy Tiernan to be a staple of country folk, students and D4s only. I cant ever recall sitting through more than 15 mins of his stuff they show on Paramount (usually because there is something else on) but he just usually doesnt keep me watching like Jack Dee on the same channel for example (miserable oul prick, hes gas :D ). Tiernan just strikes me as an angry man Bill Hicks impressionist in some ways. Dont get me wrong, Ive seen 10 min spots on the late late or whatever and he has cracked the odd good one but I find him somewhat overrated all the same, his live in concert shows werent exactly Richard Pryor or Peter Kay (i know i know two very different comics, my point is you can easily sit through two hour long shows of their stuff if you dont choke to death laughing before it :) ). Point is that Tiernan didnt crack a good enough one within 10 mins to stop me switching.

Lee Evans, I seriously dont get it. Ditto Pat Shortt. Harry Hills clip show seems to try to somehow milk a joke about a totally normal scene from a tv show.

Have to say I thought Ed Byrne was gas on The Panel and the little stand up Ive seen him on (didnt watch The Panel religiously mind, maybe once a week in and out, tbh it ruined it somewhat when RTE showed it time delayed after your man in the crowd gave abuse to Joe Duffy when he was a guest).

Never saw McSavage do actual stand up, infact havent seen him in years, however I remember him always being around town 3 years ago, he always got a great response from the gathered crowd and his guitar bits were hilarious. Either hes a victim of his own success or the wit of his insults has become appalingly ****e as of late.
    I can't stand Maeve Higgins (from Naked Camera). I was at a live gig she did in UCD as a warm-up for PJ Gallagher and she was booed off the stage.

No idea of their stand up, but Naked Camera is beyond awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

shane86 wrote:
    (didnt watch The Panel religiously mind, maybe once a week in and out,
    You'd be doing well to watch The Panel more than once a week mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Im fairly sure it was on Monday and Tuesday at one stage with a highlight show in the small hours at the weekend.

*shrugs*

dunno, maybe not.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Actually now that you mention it you're probably right. Although for the last couple of years it was only on on a Monday night.

There was a show on paramount earlier with a couple of Irish comedians.It was the first I saw of Des Bishop...not great.Dylan Moran wasn't much good either.Dara O Briain was brilliant and Tommy Tiernan and Ardal O Hanlan weren't too bad either.I Never really minded Colin Murphy or the Byrnes or any of the guys on the panel.Ed Byrnes voice is a tiny bit annoying but I could put up with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

After reading this thread, have remembered a lot of comedians I despise.

Maeve Higgins, Ed Byrne, Jason Byrne, Alan Carr, Karl Spain, Graham Norton, Brendan O'Carroll and some other not worth mentioning are all dreadful.

Neil Delamere, Andrew Maxwell, Bill Bailey, Dylan Moran, Rowan Atkinson and Ricky Gervais would be my favourites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

If nothing else, this thread has proven that one mans punch is another mans poison. I would love to say that Maeve Higgins is the only consistantly un-funny, annoying comedienne i've ever seen, but she did do this one joke about fancying her Da back in the day that was hilarious, so i can't do her the injustice.

For pure annoyance factor, Brendan O'Carroll who built his empire from pedalling that crap; Lee Evans who again is doing quite well out of exploiting the world's current lack of ability to critically evaluate things for themselves; sure we'll say that McSavage goon aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

To be fair I think it's an insult even to rubbish comedians to put Brendan O'Carroll in this thread... He's not a Comedian !!!!! I find myself feeling phyically sick even at the sight of one of his posters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Hard Larry wrote:
    Saw this thread and its perfect for my story :D

I was at an-event-we-are-forbidden-to-talk-about in Punchestown early in July...I was standing there in a poncho covered in mud smoking a blue when this girl comes over to bum a smoke off me. I was messing with her telling her that smokers are a dying breed etc. etc. when we looked over to our left and low and behold there was David McSavage

He was standing there with a sign over his head that read 'I'm an alcoholic' the girl turned to me and said
    Girl: 'Is that David McSavage?'
    Me: 'Yeah hes a spanner'
    Girl: 'I hate him too...I'm gonna kick him in the nutz'

She promptly walked over to him and kicked him in the nutZ.

And it was all caught on camera by some girl DMcS was with. The funniest bit was watching him watch the playback on the camera. He was freaked out and had to do the shot again! His face was priceless.

On his second take some guy covered in mud started chasing him and DMcS tripped and fell dirtying his chinos

That girl will get free ciggies for life off me.
    you are some ejjit if you find a girl kicking someone in the nuts for no reason funny. Like one of those jackass morons. Say if DMcS decided to give his shoes a clean by kicking her in the Ghee.

dodgyme wrote:
    you are some ejjit if you find a girl kicking someone in the nuts for no reason funny. Like one of those jackass morons. Say if DMcS decided to give his shoes a clean by kicking her in the Ghee.

Do we really want Dave McSavage having children? She may have done humanity a service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Pat the Baker

Tommy tiernan
    Ed Byrne
    Brendan Grace
    Brendan o Carroll
    Maeve Higgins
    A lot of American comedians
    Al Murray

Do we really want Dave McSavage having children? She may have done humanity a service.
    He has 2, they are very pretty:)

I'm still trying to think of the names of some of the comedians I didn't like
    Meave Higgins is touch and go with me for one
    I'll be back to this again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

never liked billy connolly, i always got the impression that people laughed at him just because he was billy connolly

tend to agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

Billy Connolly - good but not all that great imo

Of the comedians I've seen I can't say there was any that didn't make me laugh AT ALL...Allan Carr and Joe Pasquale's voices annoy me though

I'd agree that most female comedians aren't much use!

My faves would be Bill Bailey, Peter Kay and Dylan Moran

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Jesus is a funny guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Anto McC wrote:
    Jesus is a funny guy.

Did you forget to put a he in there:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I don't think so. Cleek.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

just remembered another comedian that gets on my tits is...graham norton, can't stand that "put on" laugh of his, huk huk huk

that channel 4 show he did was one big yawnfest, trying to "shock & outrage" all the time:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Saint_Mel wrote:
    Meave Higgins, PJ Gallagher, Deirdre O'Kane and Jason Byrne
    are possibly 4 of the most unfunny people in Ireland!

Naked Camera and Anonymous are also two of the worst wastes
    of tv licence money ever! (imho)

Well it's not seeing as Naked Camera was extremely popular.

"Is the fish good for the hoooooooorrrrrrrrnnnnnnnn"

Can't please all of the people all of the time. Does everyone in Ireland like every program RTE have on? (do they like even a 1/16 of them,lol)

You may be of the opinion it was crap but if you are of the opinion it was a waste of tv licence money then your well off the mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I've got another, I don't know this guys name though.

He's the host of "Comedy Blue" Paramounts terrible show with "adult" comedy. He's not funny :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Why is it women find male comedians funny but reverse doesnt seem to be true (generally),anyway Deirdre o'kane is very unfunny, one day during rag week in DCU she warmed up for Dara o'Brian in the bar and bombed , i was cringing and actuallly felt sorry for her,was a mainly male audience if i recall correctly.

Advertisement