Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preferred vendor Laptop

Options
  • 30-07-2007 3:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Just been accepted into an MBS in Carysfort.

They require you to have a laptop, and offer you the chance to buy one as part of their "Preferred vendor" scheme. Would like to hear from anyone who hes either done this/knows some one who has done this.

Is the laptop good? good value? Both ? Neither?

I don't have any particular requirements for usage outside of the course, so I would imagine a reasonably basic unit will suffice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Buy a laptop from one of last years students, that way you get an approved model (with advantages for support) cheaply.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

When i did my degree in Quinn i didnt get the preffered vendor laptop after 3 years i regreted it. Being able to throw it back and get it fixed is proceless especially when you cant do without it. Plus if urs aint workin they give you a spare.

Was in smurfit last year, had a company laptop so cant comment hows smurfot work but presume its one the same lines

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Rickyroma

Thank you both for the replies. Much appreciated.

Advertisement