Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bowling Centre

Options
  • 30-07-2007 9:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

There is a new bowling centre opening up near Wicklow town from the Rathnew side. Its beside the Statoil station and Sinotts car dealers.

Its a small place that will have 12 lanes. I dont know many other things about the place other then its meant to be opening up on the August bank holiday weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Did this place ever open? Any good? Reviews anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

Wexfords first bowling alley opened about 4 weeks ago off the Rosslare road

Hey that's great news! The more bowling centres in Ireland the better! Any details on the place in Wexford yet?

Many lanes? Wood or synthetic? Do they sell pro equipment? Will they be running any leagues?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

It has 12 lanes, i think they're wood but couldnt be 100% sure :o
    They are starting to sell stuff very soon, they're taking orders now.
    Again leagues are starting up very soon, 5 man team league next week i think.

Heres the link

And no i dont work there, ive just been out there a lot since it opened, theres not much to do in Wexford.....:D

Good job mdwexford! :) I'd like to think they were wood, it's my preferred surface to bowl on!

Am I reading you right in thinking that they are hoping to fill a league with 5 people per team? I assume that only 2 or 3 of the team will bowl each week if that's the case?

Any idea what the pinsetters are? Brunswick? AMF? ANOTher? :) I see the place has a pet centre, play centre, restaurant and even a beauty salon! That's good!!

The restaurant and bar in '10pin' in Cambridge are really good. Roasts and all, full bar license. Is the restaurant in leisuremax do any 'proper' food (roasts, mash etc) or is it more of a burgers and salads bar?

• Advertisement

Well I've been in touch with the lovely people at LeisureMax and they've given me some more info on the centre :)

The lanes are synthetic but maintained on a daily basis (as they should be!). Daily maintainance should include oiling and cleaning the back-end to remove oil residues and have a clean surface for the ball to grip.

The pro shop will open at the end of April :D They'll sell a full range of equipment and will measure and drill the ball to suit your hand and will resurface balls and plug where necessary. All in all it sounds good!

No idea on prices or anything like that yet but I don't think we'll post those anyway as that would be advertising.

Now here's some good news! Any ITBA or BTBA members who visit LeisureMax are entitled to a reduced practice rate providing they produce their membership card at the desk. I assume this is for practice only, I doubt you'll get a discount if you are bowling with family or friends...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 WildFox

I havnt been around for a while but I can answer the questions on the bowling alley in wicklow.

Synthetic lanes.
    AMF 90XLi pinsetters.
    Oiled daily, pinsetters cleaned weekly, matience done on 1,2,3,6 and 12 month baisis.
    Runs a small trios league on tuesday nights. About to start its 4th league.
    No pro shop(I wish there was though)

I know this stuff as I work there as a reception staff member and a technician

Advertisement