Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Grant?

Options
  • 30-07-2007 9:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hey, does anyone know if UL has a travel grant for people that live outside a certain distance from the college to cover daily costs of getting to and from college. Someone told me this recently and I don't know if it's true.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

Any chance that they were referring to the adjacent/non-adjacent rates for the county council grants?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I suspect it is, as eve said, the larger grant given to people whose permanent home address is more than 24km from the college they attend (the non-adjacent grant). There's no travel grant payable to students who live far away from college. last time I checked more students were on a grant than not on a grant though, so for someone getting the grant who isn't 100% clued into why they're getting more than someone else in their college class, the misunderstanding is understandable.

Advertisement