Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2142 game freeze

Options
  • 30-07-2007 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

Just built a new PC and the only two bits of software on it were BF2142 and office 2003 (windows xp pro pc).

Game played great for 4 days and then yesterday started freezing after a few minutes of play. I tried everything I could find on that dar enterweb thang but no joy was to be had.

then I found out about radial.cdb . renamed this to radial.old and all was happiness and joy once again.

to find radial.cdb

in windows explorer go to tools > options > view > untick the box for "hide system files (recommended).

radial.cdb can be found in <installation drive>\Electronic arts\bf2142\

I renamed it to .old but seemingly you can just delete it. BF2142 creates a new version the next time you start the game.

One thing I cant find though is, what is radial.cdb? why does it corrupt ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

O you got the 60% loading bug??? I think the radial file has something to do with your profiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

not 60% loading. the game played fine for between 2 and 10 minutes at a go and then froze. about half the time, the only option was to reset the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Does it freeze during a sound and do you have a XIFI? I'd a similar problem when i put in a new XIFI(the heatsink fell off my old one and blew my mobo). It particularly liked to happen during arty stirkes. Switched sound from XIFI to hardware in the settings and have no problems since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

does it freeze and stay frozen or is it just short freeze times. Ive seen my 2142 game freeze for like 2 seconds from time to time and then just continue on as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

seems like I'm hit by every possible freeze type!

never freezes for a second and starts again, it just
    1. stops during some arty strikes or when I'm passing a sentry gun thats firing. - when this happens I have to restart the game , I can ctrl-alt-del out and end task then end the dumprep process.
    2. stops and CTD at a random interval. no error in event log.
    3. connection lost. no restarting jsut drops conenction to the game server and then I have to select server all over again.
    4. connection to EA server lost, have to log back in again
    5. random stop. stops completely and no way out of the game, ctrl-alt-delete doesnt do anything.

deletign radial.cdb seesm to get rid of most of these problems though I think the conenction ones are BT related.

will try hardware sound if its not that already. no XIFI installed, using the motherboard onboard sound card (asus P5W DH deluxe).

graphics: geforce 7900GTX
    ram: 4gb ddr2
    Cpu: e6600 dual core 2.4 , no overclocking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

LoLth wrote:
    never freezes for a second and starts again, it just
    1. stops during some arty strikes or when I'm passing a sentry gun thats firing. - when this happens I have to restart the game , I can ctrl-alt-del out and end task then end the dumprep process.
    2. stops and CTD at a random interval. no error in event log.

That happened to me alot, especially when there was arty near me or a grenade exploded right beside me.I disabled VoIP and it fixed all my problems try disabling it and see if the crashes stop

Advertisement