Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea odds

• 30-07-2007 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

I see after rangers beat us , we are now 6-4 to win the league
    with united favs at 5-4 !!! (paddypower.com)

a bit much considering it was a friendly !!

we will see after the community shield what the odds are ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

I know mate its a bit harsh considering the stage yous are at in your pre season.

As a bear though im pleased as punch that Rangers managed to win that game, no matter what stage of pre-season, fitness levels, or otherwise! To play against Chelsea is one thing, to not get pumped is one thing...but to actually....really actually WIN!!??? hehe

wouldnt worry about the odds mate - theres a season of football ahead and the bookies wont know what hit them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

jackdaw wrote:
    I see after rangers beat us , we are now 6-4 to win the league
    with united favs at 5-4 !!! (paddypower.com)

a bit much considering it was a friendly !!

we will see after the community shield what the odds are ...

Not how prices are set by bookies. What most likely happened was that after Chelsea were beaten people put shedloads of money on United to win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Chelsea are 15/8 on Betfair and United are 6/4. Now thats value.

Get your money on United!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Indeed, they are trying to enduce people to bet on Chelsea at 6-4 in comparision to United's odds instead of better odds you could easily get for Chelsea. If the bookies get bets for either of those bets, they are very very happy.

Bookies initial odds are normally what they think, but once the season gets closer, the odds vary lots due to how the bettting occurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

what was the Chelsea team like =?

I can't find a match report on BBC .,,

• Advertisement
Advertisement