Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 BAR Pressure - Enough for Rain Shower.

Options
  • 30-07-2007 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone have a Rain head type shower fitted, i am thinking of fitting a 3 bar shower pump to my feed and repalcing my electric shower witha rain shower type one feed by the 3 bar pump, i hav't seen any pumps in action and am wondering will 3 bar be enough. Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

3 bar will be more than enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Buy a monsoon pump ,if you can afford to. It will last more than a couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭hopalong_ie

That is actually the model pump i am looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

Hi,

Does anyone have a Rain head type shower fitted, i am thinking of fitting a 3 bar shower pump to my feed and repalcing my electric shower witha rain shower type one feed by the 3 bar pump, i hav't seen any pumps in action and am wondering will 3 bar be enough. Thanks
    Hi Hopalong, I have a HansGrohe Raindance 15cm shower head with a 2 bar monsoon pump and I find that it has plenty of pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

It's also worth keeping in mind ,that a three bar pump is louder than a two bar pump.

Check the flow rate of the shower head you're getting and mark that against the pump.
    Flow rate is measured in litres per minute.

Be warned though ,you might need a bigger cylinder if it's a large shower head :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement