Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quality Management - EIQA?

Options
  • 30-07-2007 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm a 24 year old software developer and am considering doing a business type night course this coming year and saw the Certificate in Quality Management offered by LIT in conjunction with the EIQA.

Anyone have any experience of this course? Is it useful or a waste of time?

Topics covered in the cert include:

Quality Management - Motivation, Planning,
    Implementation, Communications, Documentation,
    Finance, Product Liability, Quality Assurance,
    ISO 9000 systems, Quality Control Circles,
    Problem Solving Techniques, Audits, Regulatory
    Requirements

Topics covered in the dip include:

Quality Auditing, Communications, Team Building,
    Theory of Employment, Management Functions
    in Quality Context, Quality Information Systems,
    Legislation.

Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Just from the description, I wouldn't be mad about doing that one unless quality management systems are becoming a big deal in your workplace for some reason. It's not that it's not a good area to study, but if you don't have the context to apply it to, it'd be pretty dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I'm an ex-software developer, just started my own business. Can you explain more about where you want to go? You could do courses in management, marketing, finance and loads of other areas. QA would not be my first choice were I you.

Advertisement