Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sound System and Alloys

Options
  • 30-07-2007 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Just got a 2002 Ford Focus and I'm going to be putting a new sound system and a set of alloys into it.

Fairly clueless about the alloys, and not looking to make it look like a racer so nothing too fancy, so can anyone recommend a place to get them? How much are we talking for them and what's the story with getting them fitted?

I want the sound system to work with the tiptronic controls that come with the car, and ideally - it will have bluetooth, USB port and a line in feature. Any recommendations for this?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭OKenora

Best place to shop for alloys is online imo. When you find the ones you want go to a local motor factors and see if the do that brand and can order them in for you (or maybe something similar), or if the carriage does not shock you simply buy them online. A lot of online sellers sell with tyres, quite often they are poor tyres, ask the seller can you buy wheels only

As to the stereo, you will most likely need some form of adaptor harness to use your steering wheel mounted controls with an aftermarket radio, on a focus the question is why though, the steering wheel controls are only about 7-8 inches from the radio on the left of the steering wheel aren't they ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Thanks for the reply!

When the alloys arrive, how much to get them fitted and with tyres that are of reasonably good quality?

As for the sound system, the controls are just on the left below the steering wheel. If they're there I'd like to at least try and use them, there's also the safety element of not having to reach for the radio controls as well.

I was in Halfords the other day and some radio's did have "Will work with existing radio controls" listed as a feature. I'm guessing buying one of these radio units will do the trick?

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭OKenora

When the alloys arrive, how much to get them fitted and with tyres that are of reasonably good quality?

Thats a how long is a lump of string question, what size are the alloys going to be, how good a set of tyres do you want......budget about €100 a tyre + €35 fitting and you won't be far off.
    As for the sound system, the controls are just on the left below the steering wheel. If they're there I'd like to at least try and use them, there's also the safety element of not having to reach for the radio controls as well.

ford ergonomics are terrible here though, it's usually easier and safer to reach for the radio in any Ford i ever drove.
    I was in Halfords the other day and some radio's did have "Will work with existing radio controls" listed as a feature. I'm guessing buying one of these radio units will do the trick?

I would doubt anyone makes a one radio fits all solution here, they probably sell the radio with an adaptor to make it work with your cars controls, but in that case near all newish radios are compatible. Bit like selling a V6 engine and saying "will fit all cars", true it will with a bit of welding, fabrication, swearing and hammering but it's not exactly plug and play.....I personally would avoid any unknown brands in Halfords and stick to known brands (Pioneer, Blaupunkt, JVC etc etc)

Advertisement