Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BIG ROH news

• 30-07-2007 1:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

Samoa Joe will work for NOAH on October 25th in Yokohama at the Red Brick Warehouse. Mitsuharu Misawa will wrestle in Ring of Honor in November.

Source (sorry about the Japanese!)

Coup of all coups for ROH!! I bet now Misawa is the man to take down Morishima. Other possible opponents could be Albright, McGuinness or Danielson. Or they could waste it and have Whitmer fight him. No matter what, whoever fights him is going to die!

And at last Joe is getting booked in NOAH. His TNA contract is up in April next year so I wonder what the situation there will be.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I couldnt see Joe go anywhere except WWE if he does leave TNA.

Misawa to ROH is huge alright. I hope its Nigel goes against him as his hard hittng style would complement Misawas nicely. Expect it to be a 5 star athmosphere for his match anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Exactly. Just like Joe vs Kobashi, Meltzer will be giving it 5 stars before the match even starts. I'd say McGuinness will be the man he faces. I can't see Danielson fighting him, Misawa would eat him up. Misawa has fought Morishima already too, I doubt they would put on another match. I'll post a link to that match in the video thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Misawa was sort of unofficially confirmed at the start of the year. Not a surprise anyway, but while he's been in some of the best matches I've ever seen, I'm not entirely sure he'll do brilliantly in ROH. I pray he doesn't take the title! Over the last few years he's averaged one great match a year, but he's been burying every single one of his challengers for the last year and they've been crap matches for the most part. If anything I hope it's Morishima who takes the GHC title off Misawa

They were talking about Joe's situation on Wrestling Observer Live last night, Alvarez said that his TNA contract is up sometime this fall. I'd have said that Joe is better off going anywhere but WWE if he leaves TNA, Meltzer basically said the same thing, that Joe is used to being a star for the last few years and if he goes to WWE he's not going to be a star because he just doesn't fit into their idea of a star. Even if he'd signed a couple of years ago he wouldn't have been given the Umaga gimmick because he just isn't big enough to be a monster in WWE

Double C wrote:
    Misawa has fought Morishima already too, I doubt they would put on another match. I'll post a link to that match in the video thread.

The one you posted is a good match, but they fought early this year and the match sucked so bad. It's actually one of the bad matches that I wouldn't blame on Misawa though, as he got knocked out from a powerbomb to the outside pretty early and he said he can't remember anything about the match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Is that the match from First Navigation? if so, I actually enjoyed that match. not a classic by any stretch, but deffo enjoyable.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote:
    Is that the match from First Navigation? if so, I actually enjoyed that match. not a classic by any stretch, but deffo enjoyable.

Yeah, it must have been. I didn't like it at all. Morishima looked useless by the end I thought, Misawa is capable of much better too

Advertisement