Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 age verification

• 30-07-2007 1:12pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭

i'm on 3pay and everytime I buy a mobile broadband add on it tells me that I need to age verify my account. Do I have to do this everytime I get the bundle or should my account stay verified? The guy in the store says that it should stay verified but it doesn't. Also just to note the minute it tells me my bundle has run out I purchase a new one so it's not like I'm waiting months in end before getting a new one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

i'm on 3pay and everytime I buy a mobile broadband add on it tells me that I need to age verify my account. Do I have to do this everytime I get the bundle or should my account stay verified? The guy in the store says that it should stay verified but it doesn't. Also just to note the minute it tells me my bundle has run out I purchase a new one so it's not like I'm waiting months in end before getting a new one.

Is it not possible to have a recurring bundle that comes off the credit evey month? It sounds like totally ridiculous that you have to verify your age every month..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you shouldn't have to but i had to do it twice because they lost it the first time. no matter what i said, they insisted that i had to go back in and give another copy of my passport. one of many many reason that i have no dealings with 3 anymore

Was just chatting with one of the guys on the 3 chat helpline, and they told me that generally you have to verify twice, once in the shop, and then you have to call them again on 333, press 5 and tell the advisor that you have already been to the shop and verified your age. Very very complicated.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

flodis79 wrote:
    Is it not possible to have a recurring bundle that comes off the credit evey month? It sounds like totally ridiculous that you have to verify your age every month..

Not that I know of but I will ask in the store this evening.

@Vimes - All they asked me for was my age card and that was the first time I signed up for it. After that whenever I went in to sort it they never asked for id.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

flodis79 wrote:
    you have to call them again on 333, press 5 and tell the advisor that you have already been to the shop and verified your age. Very very complicated.

I've never done that now. Maybe that's the problem.

• Advertisement

Not that I know of but I will ask in the store this evening.

@Vimes - All they asked me for was my age card and that was the first time I signed up for it. After that whenever I went in to sort it they never asked for id.

Ah good news, they will accept age card? Cos am just renewing my passport so don't have access to the old or the new one yet..-

Advertisement