Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rainbow 6 fans?

• 30-07-2007 1:16pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I probably should have posted this thread before posting my thread in forums but none the less.

Im a big R6 fan since playing R6V on the 360. Any other fans out there? If anyone would like to support the forum please click my link below!

Im lookin to find other gamers who like to play as sometimes it can be frustratin when your mates are not online and you are trying to join an xbox live game.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

In the middle of the R6 campaign at the moment (only got it last week).

Don't think I'll chance it online until I've finished it - would be slaughtered.
    What are the gametypes for online play?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

there are quite a few. Team Sharpshooter and Terrorist Hunt seem to be the favourites. I have only played the game for 5 mins as single player, the online multiplayer is just fantastic so i spend all my time there!

I might take a look later.

Normally the whole "team" thing doesn't really appeal to me. I'm used to the simpler "kill everything that isn't you" type mode.
    CHEERS!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I might take a look later.

Normally the whole "team" thing doesn't really appeal to me. I'm used to the simpler "kill everything that isn't you" type mode.
    CHEERS!

there is also survival and sharpshooter mode. Ur own your own in those ones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Check out Celtic Snipers in my sig, RB6 is our main game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

great game, great fun, great online. But i dont think it warrants its own forum, not so much warrants as in being active and getting regular posts.

faceman wrote:
    there is also survival and sharpshooter mode. Ur own your own in those ones!
    So I discovered last night!

Good fun it was. Still getting the hang of it - don't like the weapons controls at all in R6. And I got the feeling I could be pumping rounds into some of the other players all night and they'd still pick me off with one shot.

So back into the fray tonite then...

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Love the game my favourite on the 360. My gamertag is emmetb if ur up for a game. Would be great to get a decent forum to have discussions amongst irish players

So I discovered last night!

Good fun it was. Still getting the hang of it - don't like the weapons controls at all in R6. And I got the feeling I could be pumping rounds into some of the other players all night and they'd still pick me off with one shot.

So back into the fray tonite then...

there are some pro's out there but there are some decent people who can give you good guidance. I generally use an assault rifle as a my main weapon but the trick is firing in short bursts.

There are people on it who can take you out with a pistol in one shot from miles away! play a few team games first to build your skill level and to get tips from other players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭redbhoy1888

fantastic game brilliant on Co op too thats my favourite.There seems to be a friendly vibe from everyone playing it except sometimes when our american friends are on.they really dont tollerate failure and in one session i heard that at least canadians arent as useless as europeans...open and clear men!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

except sometimes when our american friends are on.they really dont tollerate failure and in one session i heard that at least canadians arent as useless as europeans...open and clear men!

One thing I've found out recently is that it's the american kids/teenagers that are the worst. The 20/30 year old americans online are fine tbh and I've not had a problem with the ones I've played online with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭redbhoy1888

totally agree those fellas are sound its a nightmare to be on with kids you eventally quit with bleeding ears

totally agree those fellas are sound its a nightmare to be on with kids you eventally quit with bleeding ears
    Ha!

The crowd that were on last night seemed decent enough. A few English and Scots to dilute the squeaking from the US teens.

Noob question - can you choose your weapon prior to a game, or do you start with a default and pick up what you can on the map? The weapons menu only seemed to offer two alternatives & accessories... at least in Sharpshooter mode. Or are these setting set by the host?

Ha!

The crowd that were on last night seemed decent enough. A few English and Scots to dilute the squeaking from the US teens.

Noob question - can you choose your weapon prior to a game, or do you start with a default and pick up what you can on the map? The weapons menu only seemed to offer two alternatives & accessories... at least in Sharpshooter mode. Or are these setting set by the host?

its a combination of the host settings and your rank. You have to pick your equipment before you play or after you die.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

God the only bad thing about playing online is those god damn prepubescent American kids that think the headset is a bloody microphone and that they are on American idol. Ive kicked 20 or so from my game for either talking smack or just singing. One solution though if you are hosting is to ban microphones but this hinders the communication between team mates. Id love to see a vote system brought in in the next update that lets players vote to mute a player in the game.

Favorite Load out: MTAR21 Assault Rifle with Laser Sight or 6x Scope, Raging Bull with Laser sight, Frag Grenades and C4

Advertisement