Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help, flatbar road bike

Options
  • 30-07-2007 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I'm looking at getting a flatbar bike for commuting and maybe riding at the weekend something reasonably fast. Just wondering if anyone knows about the Genesis (ridgeback) make of bike was looking at a day 01 in the shop on the Quays? The guy in the shop seemed to think it was what i was looking for.. Also looked at a sirrus.. willing to spend between 600 and 800euro for something half decent.

Any comments would be helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Both the Specialized and the Genesis bikes have a good rep. You might also check out the Giant FCR range in Commuting Solutions (Rathmines) or Cycle Superstore (Tallaght).

Whatever you go for, the most important thing is that you take it for a test ride, I reckon.
    pants1 wrote:
    I'm looking at getting a flatbar bike for commuting and maybe riding at the weekend something reasonably fast. Just wondering if anyone knows about the Genesis (ridgeback) make of bike was looking at a day 01 in the shop on the Quays? The guy in the shop seemed to think it was what i was looking for.. Also looked at a sirrus.. willing to spend between 600 and 800euro for something half decent.

Any comments would be helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pants1

thanks i haven't been able to take them out everytime i'm there it seems to be raining and they won't allow them out.. pain will check out the other stores cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

I would also check out the Kona Dew series. There's only one stockist in Ireland and that's Cyclelogical on Bachelors Quay.

Advertisement