Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

celica high mileage

Options
  • 30-07-2007 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

My sister is looking for a Celica
    got offered a 2002 one for €13000 but it has 95k on it
    is the mileage to high ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Well if it has full service history and has been well minded it wouldn't bother me.The experts maintain 12k mile is ther norm per annum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I've had 2 of them, they're bullet proof but just make sure it has been weel kept and that the mileage is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭JackCharlton

thats 95000 Miles not Km
    so its like 160000 Km on it
    in 5 years

well the first celica I bought was a 01 and had 65k on it. It was running great but I decided to get a hpi report one day and found out that in Aug 2003 it had 100k on it... after 2 years

So check it out. And before it starts... yes I got my money back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

They're well able for high milage. If it's looked after, then that's nothing to it. If its thrashed though, I'd leave it behind. There are quite a few thrashed ones. Also a lot of different drivers would affect it too.
    Mine is 2000, with 84k miles on it, full Toyota service history from new, and minded well. It's tighter to drive than many cars with half that milage on them. I did mind it though. I'd let it go for very reasonable money if she was interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If it's a T Sport, make sure the VVTL-i works correctly, and the power delivey is smooth it'l be expensive to put right if it doesn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Doesn't matter what mileage is on it now, once it hits the magical 100,000 it'll take a large hit in terms of depreciation.

Imho better off paying a bit more now for a low miles one and selling on again before it reaches that magic number.

Another thing.. if it's a jap import walk away....

Advertisement